Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Online Parts Companies?? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/online-parts-companies-67383.html)

DanPorges 10-31-2013 06:10 PM

Online Parts Companies??

I am trying to buy some parts for my WK2 to install the factory camera from the Limited on the Laredo. I have found some great deals online, but know nothing about these resellers... Any input on any of the ones listed here or suggestions of highly recommended others??any help is appreciated!:confused:

Scottina06 10-31-2013 06:15 PM

Re: Online Parts Companies??

use Mopar Jeep Accessories & Parts Store at JustForJeeps.com all others are ordinary

Bostondan77 10-31-2013 06:16 PM

justforjeeps.com or call steve white motors in nc and talk to josh in parts i bought all my parts there but if you are looking to upgrade certain things on a 14 then they may not work

WickedXJ 10-31-2013 07:23 PM

I have placed a few orders from justforjeeps and have been happy every time:) They have free shipping on orders over 200$ right now too.

What year are you putting the camera on?

DanPorges 10-31-2013 08:08 PM

I will take a look at the pricing, but for what its worth JustforJeeps.com is the website of a dealer in my local area, Central Jeep. I have had HORRIBLE experiences with their dealership over the years. I will buy the parts from any reputable place that is competitive on price so will give them a shot, but I have to admit I am skeptical.

I am putting the camera on my 2014 Laredo. I have confirmed the wiring is all there and I have the upgraded radio/wheel package which includes the same head unit that is in the Limited (RA3) so I should just need a BCM reflash when Im all done.

Bostondan77 10-31-2013 08:35 PM

how did you get those parts you bought them separately?

DanPorges 10-31-2013 08:54 PM

Im trying to buy the parts now, thats the subject of this thread. However, yes, I am going to buy them on my own and install the camera. Once Im done, my dealer will reflash the BCM and should be good to go.

scooterha 11-01-2013 09:00 AM

I had this done on my 2012. Simple Advice. Let the dealer do it. Any electrical problems that could arise and can arise by doing this yourself can VOID the warranty, especially if you are already saying you don't trust the dealers in your area. If the dealer does the install and something goes wrong it will be covered under warranty. Cosmetic and performance mods are one thing, but messing with a vehicle that has such a complex electrical system (yes even the Laredo E) as the 14' GC does, don't chance it.

DanPorges 11-01-2013 11:16 AM

I appreciate the warning and suggestion scooterha, but I am a MECP certified auto electronics installer so Im not concerned with that piece of the equation, especially given it is litterally a plug already in the existing harness that is unused on the 2014's.

robpp 11-01-2013 11:24 AM

i have dealt with wermopar.com

some of the best prices.......and if shipping seems high send them an email and they will work with you. like for me they repacked some factory stuff and charged me actual shipping cost.

i just recently bought a windshield seal for my XJ and they were the cheapest I could find ANYWHERE.