Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2011+ Dodge Durango-WD (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f177/)
-   -   Dodge Sales (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f177/dodge-sales-67400.html)

davewg 11-01-2013 09:05 AM

Dodge Sales

Chrysler October 2013 Sales Up 11 Percent on Strength of Ram, Dodge - Rumor Central

Chrysler up 11% in October on strength of Dodge and Ram.

Notable winner is the Durango:
Winner: Dodge Durango, Up 59 Percent
The recently refreshed 2014 Dodge Durango has been doing well lately, and this month is no exception. Its total of 5120 sales this month was up 59 percent, and its year-to-date sales are up 50 percent as well. For 2014, the Dodge Durango received numerous improvements like an eight-speed automatic, revised styling, and improved interior technology, as the Durango’s improvement along with the uptick for the Charger and continued strength for the Caravan (Dodge’s best-selling model) helped Dodge record a 12 percent sales increase this month.

vertrkr 11-01-2013 09:30 AM

Re: Dodge Sales

Hope the trend continues. If I could only have 1 car, regardless of cost, I'd still pick the Durango.

We need to replace our Odyssey but I'm so impressed with the D I'm holding out to see what the next gen Town & Country has in store. I hope Sergio Marchionne will continue/increase R&D for Chrysler.

Parsec 11-01-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vertrkr (Post 921946)
Hope the trend continues. If I could only have 1 car, regardless of cost, I'd still pick the Durango.

We need to replace our Odyssey but I'm so impressed with the D I'm holding out to see what the next gen Town & Country has in store. I hope Sergio Marchionne will continue/increase R&D for Chrysler.

Well regardless of cost, ok, but if you could pop in two more seats, I'd take the Grand Cherokee SRT. We're probably due for another Durango SRT rumor; though I don't know if there is a market for it given how sweet the R/T is.

Gtaz19 11-01-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parsec (Post 921965)
Well regardless of cost, ok, but if you could pop in two more seats, I'd take the Grand Cherokee SRT. We're probably due for another Durango SRT rumor; though I don't know if there is a market for it given how sweet the R/T is.

Having the R/T I must say its fun to drive, but I wish they added more power to it. Maybe even the 6.4L. It's lowered, but it's the same as any other Durango ordered with a Hemi. There is nothing special about it other than monotone color, sport suspension and red stitching, all of which I love, but as far as performance I mean. It's a 7 second car in the best of conditions. I feel they should save R/T for something like 6 or really something in the 5s. I know it's a 5,300Lbs vehicle, but still...

I guess I'm asking for a Durango SRT. So throw an S in front of my R/T and I'll be a happy man. Not that I'm not thrilled as is. It's hella fun in first gear however short lived it is.

mcfarl58 11-01-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gtaz19 (Post 921974)
Having the R/T I must say its fun to drive, but I wish they added more power to it. Maybe even the 6.4L. It's lowered, but it's the same as any other Durango ordered with a Hemi. There is nothing special about it other than monotone color, sport suspension and red stitching, all of which I love, but as far as performance I mean. It's a 7 second car in the best of conditions. I feel they should save R/T for something like 6 or really something in the 5s. I know it's a 5,300Lbs vehicle, but still...

I guess I'm asking for a Durango SRT. So throw an S in front of my R/T and I'll be a happy man. Not that I'm not thrilled as is. It's hella fun in first gear however short lived it is.

It would have to be an SRT. That seems to be the new Chrysler badge for the higher performing cars. In the end though, the Durango is a beast at over 5,000 lbs. Not sure the 6.4L would have a very appreciable drop in 0-60 time.

In the end, think the drop in mpg and increase in cost would put the Durango SRT in a very small niche market.

Gtaz19 11-01-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcfarl58 (Post 922051)
It would have to be an SRT. That seems to be the new Chrysler badge for the higher performing cars. In the end though, the Durango is a beast at over 5,000 lbs. Not sure the 6.4L would have a very appreciable drop in 0-60 time. In the end, think the drop in mpg and increase in cost would put the Durango SRT in a very small niche market.

Well the v6 in the jeep does 7.9 and the 5.7V8 does 6.8. The 6.4V8 does 4.5 so I would assume the 6.4 could get the Durango to a 5 second 0-60 time at least...

davewg 11-01-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vertrkr (Post 921946)
Hope the trend continues. If I could only have 1 car, regardless of cost, I'd still pick the Durango. We need to replace our Odyssey but I'm so impressed with the D I'm holding out to see what the next gen Town & Country has in store. I hope Sergio Marchionne will continue/increase R&D for Chrysler.

Our Durango replaced our Odyssey. We looked at a T&C, but a couple of things made it a deal breaker. We had a 2001 T&C and were very happy with it. The Odyssey was somewhat of a nightmare in comparison.

I'm two years from replacing my truck, and UConnect is so good I have to seriously think about a vehicle from Chrysler. To bad the next gen Charger won't likely be out yet.

Maybe a Cherokee, but I'd really prefer to get back into a car for fuel savings.

mrmitsou 12-05-2013 11:08 AM

The uptrend in Durango sales continues for November:

"Sales of the Dodge Durango full-size SUV were up 36 percent compared with the same month a year ago, extending its run of year-over-year sales gains to 13-consecutive months. It was the Durango's best November sales in seven years."

The "Burgundy effect" continues. Total Durango sales for November were 5581, compared to 5120 for last month. Total sales for September were 4964, by comparison. Sales are up 48% year to date. 55,351 total sales year to date, compared to 37,373 total sales year to date last year at this time (that is pretty decent). Hopefully this uptrend will continue, but will it eventually be enough for Mr. Marchionne to not discontinue the Durango after 2015 (14,798 JGCs were sold last month, a 9% increase compared to a year ago))? Although I love the fact that I rarely see any other 2014 Durangos (or even 3rd generations) around (making me feel less of a copycat), I personally would like to see them continue making this gem of an SUV.