Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2014+ Jeep Grand Cherokee Ecodiesel 3.0 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f222/)
-   -   For those who are thinking about Bluespark... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f222/for-those-who-are-thinking-about-bluespark-67410.html)

visitador 11-01-2013 11:27 AM

For those who are thinking about Bluespark...

I remember reading some forum members asking about increasing the torque of the unicorn using Bluespark. I am no longer in the USA unicorn camp, but I would like to share the experience from the poodle unicorn camp:
Diesel: Addition of BlueSpark Pro + Boost Control - 6speedonline.com Forums

Zybane 11-01-2013 05:03 PM

Re: For those who are thinking about Bluespark...

I vote for a forum ban on the words unicorn, skittle and poodle.

visitador 11-01-2013 05:44 PM

lol I doubt that is possible

SlipperyPete 11-01-2013 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zybane (Post 922249)

Scruffy Second - YouTube

Temerarius 11-02-2013 04:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Good luck with that!

Attachment 31237

Mike V 11-02-2013 01:53 PM

Is there a US distributer for the bluespark? I notice on their site that they are looking for distributers. This may be a good opportunity for some young buck to start a future and supply us with a great group buy price.:D

Mike V

Zybane 11-02-2013 02:43 PM

Even though the gains were fairly small on that Cayenne, I am still going to get the Pro Boost to try it out.

Shannon 11-02-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

I'm toying with Vanity plates

SFU :lol::lol::lol:

Fordt 11-05-2013 01:58 PM

"For those who are thinking about Bluespark".......wait a bit, then buy what Green Diesel Engineering comes out with. My 08 CRD loves it's Eco tune, and the hot tune brings rave reviews as well....

Wadeaus 11-05-2013 09:31 PM

Thanks for posting that link visitador.
Interesting how gnat says his cooling fan kept running after switching off the engine, I've got the pro +boost fitted to my 2014 GDC and twice this week the same thing has happened to me. All the temps were fine so I just assumed it was a jeep bug but maybe it's related to the bs.
I haven't had mine above setting 6 yet but after reading their thread I think I might bump it up to 8 for the run back to Perth.

visitador 11-06-2013 10:56 AM

Hey Wadeaus,

Glad the link was helpful. I cut and copy the following from another forum that provides an excellent explanation of the current common rail technology and what the tune boxes do:

"How the diesel engine works

To understand how the tuning box works it is important to understand how the diesel engine works. In a diesel engine it is only air that is drawn into the compression cylinder, this is then compressed and reaches a very high temperature. When the piston is nearing the end of its cycle fuel is injected into the chamber and ignites due to the high temperature of the air. This gives the power to drive the piston down.

There is extra air left in the cylinder after this process, sometimes as much as 50%. When extra fuel is injected into the chamber more torque and power and is created.

Common Rail Principle

Common rail is the central container which delivers the individual injectors with the fuel. The three essential components of a fuel injection system – Pressure, injection and generation are separated, and fuel can be stored at high pressure in the ‘common rail’ container. This allows high injection pressure even at slow speeds and provides a fine atomisation of the fuel, which gives a cleaner combustion. The supply of fuel is not related to the engine speed as it is controlled independently at every point along the way improving efficiency. So in the modern common rail system engine there is greater opportunity to control fuel injection at the pre-injection, main injection and post injection stage.

The vehicle’s engine control unit (ECU) is the brain of the system, which opens each injector electronically, these signals are processed many thousands of times in one second to maintain that the vehicle is running at its optimum efficiency and keeping the emissions and economy at acceptable levels. The ECU contains a “map” which tells the fuel injection system, for every engine speed and setting, how much fuel to inject into the engine.

How the tuning box works

The same unit is used to for a large number of vehicles but different settings are uploaded into the unit. When the box is plugged into your vehicle it will analyse the ECU signals and alter them. This allows changes in injector opening times which increase or decrease the fuel rate to exactly the right amount, thus producing more torque and power."

Wadeaus 11-06-2013 04:38 PM

Cheers visitador, great read.
Well I tried settings 7 & 8 yesterday, on 7 the biggest difference I noticed was the engine had more of a diesel clatter to it. On setting 8 you could feel more power especially from a standing still start but cruise control wouldn't work... Once I set the speed, it wouldn't accelerate, it'd just slow down till some service alarm came up. I put the bs back to setting 6 this morning and cruise control is working again.