Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   5 cars the richest Americans are buying...Jeep GC? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/5-cars-the-richest-americans-are-buying-jeep-gc-67450.html)

Dan JGC 11-02-2013 10:38 AM

5 cars the richest Americans are buying...Jeep GC?

5 cars the richest Americans are buying
Hint: They’re not Bentleys or Ferraris

The top 1% aren’t buying Bentleys, Lamborghinis or Ferraris. Instead, the country’s most affluent car buyers are driving off in a new…Jeep?

http://www.marke****ch.com/story/5-c...ing-2013-11-01 ***AUTO-CENSOR IS REMOVING LETTERS IN "MARKET WATCH" WHEN PLACED TOGETHER ADD UP TO A CENSORED WORD. SO REPLACE THE LETTERS ACCORDINGLY UNTIL FORUM EDITORS CAN CORRECT....

The most popular cars among residents in 15 of the 25 wealthiest zip codes in the U.S., where median home prices range from $3.4 million to $6.7 million, include those typically associated with middle-income buyers. Even buyers with plenty of disposable income to spare — think Silicon Valley — are opting for a luxury car that’s more of a social statement than a financial one. The Tesla Model S, the first luxury all-electric vehicle, accounted for most car sales in eight (all in California) of the 25 most expensive zip codes, according to Edmunds. It has a starting price of roughly $71,000 though most purchases are in the $90,000-plus range.

To be clear, it’s not that the affluent aren’t buying super expensive cars but those purchases tend to occur less often, says Jessica Caldwell, senior analyst at Edmunds. Secondly, these lower-cost cars are probably adding to an arsenal of cars they already own.

Here are the five cars most in demand by the 1%.

— By AnnaMaria Andriotis

jacko15 11-02-2013 11:42 AM

Re: 5 cars the richest Americans are buying...Jeep GC?

I guess the 1% crowd have canceled their subscriptions to Consumer Reports! :rolllol:

Dan JGC 11-02-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacko15 (Post 922632)
I guess the 1% crowd have canceled their subscriptions to Consumer Reports! :rolllol:

Nah....they know a great value when they see it. That's how they got the $$$.

I'm confident the quality issues are being resolved. There are always some issues when a model change such as 2013 to 2014 which is why with any vehicle best to give it 6 months after a new introduction. My 2011 has been top quality and am very satisfied with it.

FStephenMasek 11-02-2013 01:50 PM

It is overall, a poorly-written article. For example, she writes that Jeep sales are down, but fails to mention that delay in shipment of the new Cherokee is the reason. She also failed to give a price range for the various vehicles, just the base prices of the base models, when almost no such vehicles are sold. Finally, she failed to compare the Jeep grand Cherokee to the far more expensive competition. A Mercedes-Benz M-Class with similar equipment is $25,000 more than the Overland I just bought.

bill_de 11-02-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Well said!

:lol::lol::lol:

---

peejym 11-02-2013 02:25 PM

ROFLMAO..."That seems to be the perfect fit for wealthy families in Newport Beach, Calif." I live 15 minutes from NB and I am yet to see another bug ridden 2014 drive down the street, the 5 or 405. She must be talking about another Newport Beach, CA

Hammerhead 11-02-2013 04:18 PM

And Motor Trend which voted the Subaru Forester the best SUV.

i'm sure the Forrester is a nice cross-over vehicle, but something that can only tow 1,500 lbs is not an SUV in my book.

Subaru Forester named Motor Trend SUV of the Year - Oct. 10, 2013

Quote:

jp467 11-02-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peejym (Post 922723)
ROFLMAO..."That seems to be the perfect fit for wealthy families in Newport Beach, Calif." I live 15 minutes from NB and I am yet to see another bug ridden 2014 drive down the street, the 5 or 405. She must be talking about another Newport Beach, CA

Thats because most of them are not bug ridden.

jacko15 11-02-2013 10:04 PM

Mine has lots of bugs, mostly on the front bumper, windshield, and rearview mirrors! ;)

peejym 11-03-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacko15 (Post 922919)
Mine has lots of bugs, mostly on the front bumper, windshield, and rearview mirrors! ;)

But I bet your shining armor is very clean and shiny.

peejym 11-03-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacko15 (Post 923218)
You are really becoming a horses ass. Sorry you have problems and I don't, but your constant whining, and disrespect of members that aren't experience your problems has just earned you a spot on my ignore list.

You seemed to always have to post a comment about my posts or be at smartass about it, if I have no problems let my whine. You do not need to make remarks, do you?

If you have no issues with your vehicle you do not need to let us that have problems know about it every single time, so in turn you're the horses ass.

And no I have no issues with other members only those pursuing to invalidate my posts. Grow up a bit for someone that has been stacking bicycles on the back of their vehicles for over 30 years you sure are acting childish.

YOU HAVE NO ISSUES WITH YOUR JGC, DO NOT COMMENT ON POSTS OF THOSE THAT ARE NOT HAPPY.

Troll feeding is over, on ignore.

SW03ES 11-03-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peejym (Post 923289)
You seemed to always have to post a comment about my posts or be at smartass about it, if I have no problems let my whine. You do not need to make remarks, do you?

If you no issues with your vehicle you do not need to let us that have problems know about it every single time, so in turn you're the horses ass.

I'm one of these people that has problems, in fact I recall having this discussion with jacko specifically, but I have to agree with him on this.

Its rude of you to drag your problems into threads that have nothing to do with issues you're having, such as this. Backhanded insults like that are annoying to the many Jeep owners here who are satisfied with their vehicles and want to enjoy posting about them.

In the same vein as what you said to him, why should he be stopped from talking about having no problems yet you should be allowed to whine about having problems in EVERY thread whether its on topic or not? Believe me, I understand your frustration and in threads where your issues are on topic bringing them up is one thing, but the post you made above that started this back and forth with Jacko is just trolling.