Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2011+ Dodge Durango-WD (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f177/)
-   -   Uconnect requested features (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f177/uconnect-requested-features-67452.html)

Gtaz19 11-02-2013 12:07 PM

Uconnect requested features

I'll start with a few bullets.

1. It would be nice if the music screen in the EVIC Dash displayed station art and music title/artist and when using phone/SD/USB displayed album art with artist/title

2. It would be nice if there was a setting to turn on a soft button on the Uconnect to activate Siri on iPhone or Google now on an android. Both are very useful informative apps and would give the user access to a lot more info while driving. Maybe even an option to change the middle button on the left hand back of steering wheel to a Siri/google now button instead of a source button.

3. It would be nice to have more car options in the navigation. Like perhaps a Durango. Scroll up and down for color selection.

4. Perhaps a few background options as well. I love the car in the background. But maybe not everyone does. Maybe turn car on/off option as well as a color scroll for a few options.

5. Instead of having a map button on some screens that places a smaller map over the content, make it more of a split screen. Take away certain info to make it fit, but it would be nice to have the map up and still see music info or media info.

6. If weight is detected in passenger seat, unlock keyboards in Uconnect system. (This has been a gripe with all my recent cars.)

I know there are other things I've thought of, but this is all that's coming to me this second.

MAXGroup 11-02-2013 01:28 PM

I second the release keyboard.
But release it always......
On many European cars it is enabled at all times so it can't be illegal!

AZhiCntry 11-02-2013 01:42 PM

Re: Uconnect requested features

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAXGroup (Post 922694)
On many European cars it is enabled at all times so it can't be illegal!

Thank god we don't live in Europe yet! To bad it's getting closer. It is not legal here. It's still deemed to be a driver distraction issue if within reach of the driver..

bill_de 11-02-2013 01:52 PM

I disagree with making a keyboard available to a driver, no matter how many people are in the car.

I see drivers on cell phones all the time while there is someone sitting next to them. What makes anyone think the same people wouldn't be typing on the screen.

But, there should be a way to make a screen swivel and be active only when facing away from the driver when the car is running. Or, two screens. They are getting cheap enough to do that.

---

MAXGroup 11-02-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 922711)
I disagree with making a keyboard available to a driver, no matter how many people are in the car. I see drivers on cell phones all the time while there is someone sitting next to them. What makes anyone think the same people wouldn't be typing on the screen. But, there should be a way to make a screen swivel and be active only when facing away from the driver when the car is running. Or, two screens. They are getting cheap enough to do that. ---

The remarks about GPS are just perception and not a scientific fact: The facts are that any time you take your eyes off the road you are creating a distraction, lighting a cigarette, changing a radio station skipping a song on cd, choosing an iPod playlist. Now the fact is that searching for a song on an iPod which you can do while driving is more distracting than entering an address in a well laid out GPS. And sure is safer than texting. Heck talking on a hands free phone which is legal is also a distraction. So wither we allow none of the above or we let drivers use their judgment and have consequences to their action.

And by the way it is legal here, otherwise MB would have been prosecuted, and needless to say some of their cars that allow you to use GPS, are manufactured in the good old US of A!

Gtaz19 11-02-2013 02:20 PM

Glympse would also make for a great app to add to the Uconnect

JoeyD 11-05-2013 01:51 PM

Some of my thoughts based on a few days experience:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gtaz19 (Post 922649)
I'll start with a few bullets.

1. It would be nice if the music screen in the EVIC Dash displayed station art and music title/artist and when using phone/SD/USB displayed album art with artist/title

Agreed. Sorely needed. The 'Music' display on the EVIC currently is pretty useless.

Quote:

3. It would be nice to have more car options in the navigation. Like perhaps a Durango. Scroll up and down for color selection.
Agreed.

Quote:

6. If weight is detected in passenger seat, unlock keyboards in Uconnect system. (This has been a gripe with all my recent cars.)
I would like to see this as well.

A few more.

* For messaging, show not only incoming TXTs but outgoing. (Currently, it only displays incoming texts.)

* Give an option to turn off the "Sent by my dodge" signature.

* Give an option to turn off "profanity editing". Currently, UConnect will send "a**hole" instead of the actual word. If I say it...I mean it. :)

* Related, option to turn off profanity editing on incoming messages as well.

* Sometimes, when I press the 'nav' soft button on the screen, it takes me to the Nav menu, and other times to the map. (Not sure what logic dictates where it goes and when.) Personally, I would prefer if it always took me to the map, and then a second press to get to the menu.

A couple bugs (minor) that I seem to have found:

1) When accessing my contacts, if a contact has a company name, it goes into the dodge with a duplicate last name. For example, if I have a contact name 'John Smith', and I have the company name filled out on my phone ("ACME"), the name displays in UConnect as "John Smith Smith".

2) Correct behavior: When browsing music on a USB stick, and I browse by "artist", and I select an artist and there are 20 tracks...I pick a track and UConnect correctly and displays "1 of 20" when it starts playing. Incorrect: However, if I browse by folder it picks up I believe all tracks on the USB stick to play, not just the ones in the folder that I selected. (Have to play with this some more to verify.)

Gtaz19 11-06-2013 11:52 AM

Ability to send directions to Uconnect by computer or phone. Look up a place on your phone/computer find the address and send it to the Uconnect Nav.

vertrkr 11-07-2013 12:44 PM

2 Attachment(s)
For the EVIC I'd prefer the analog 'type' of speedometer the Grand Cherokee has with the orange needle and numbers that go every 20 units. Durango has too much white and text making it very busy/cluttered. Currently I use the digital numbers.

For that matter I'd really like to specify the top speed shown so I can have a bigger scale. I'd probably use 100mph and then there'd be room for unit numbers by every 10.

Gtaz19 11-07-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vertrkr (Post 925847)
For the EVIC I'd prefer the analog 'type' of speedometer the Grand Cherokee has with the orange needle and numbers that go every 20 units. Durango has too much white and text making it very busy/cluttered. Currently I use the digital numbers. For that matter I'd really like to specify the top speed shown so I can have a bigger scale. I'd probably use 100mph and then there'd be room for unit numbers by every 10.

It is a nice look, but I think they were trying to match the look of the physical needles. They'd have to redesign the whole dash. Info think there should be more options for display though...

vertrkr 11-07-2013 01:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'd also like all the gauge readings on one screen. Here's my dream display:

JoeyD 11-07-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vertrkr (Post 925847)
For the EVIC [analog speedometer] Durango has too much white and text making it very busy/cluttered. Currently I use the digital numbers.

Agreed! I've pretty much switched to the digital display for the same reason...too "busy" to quickly glance and see speed with the analog view.

Quote:

For that matter I'd really like to specify the top speed shown so I can have a bigger scale. I'd probably use 100mph and then there'd be room for unit numbers by every 10.
Would be a welcome addition as well.