Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Kudos Jeep - radio replacement is golden! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/kudos-jeep-radio-replacement-is-golden-67510.html)

jeepman917 11-03-2013 06:55 PM

Kudos Jeep - radio replacement is golden!

So - yes - I've had all the nonsense and craziness with the head unit - settings changing - service car phone - nav freezing - not holding presents - SD card wackiness - Voice recognition not available - etc - etc - etc!!!

My radio was replaced 2 weeks ago - and - not one issue since! Additionally - the unit is MUCH FASTER - VR has been near flawless - new functionality added - I also believe the resolution is better! Couldn't be happier!

Jeep will eventually fix the issues with our cars - I do believe this new model year Jeep - with all the tech changes - has had its share of problems - however - I am happy that Jeep is working through them fairly rapidly.

Like yourselves - I wish I didn't have any issues - however - Im happy with the vehicle - and with any car - you have horror stories of all kinds of issues occurring. Perhaps we are on the right track with U Connect at least.

Push for the replacement!

The Evil Twin 11-03-2013 08:00 PM

Re: Kudos Jeep - radio replacement is golden!

Woah, no one wants to hear a success story. What is wrong with you, man!

:joke:
In all seriousness, good to hear it! I have had nothing but praises for all of my Jeep vehicles. Happy everything worked out for you.

jeepman917 11-04-2013 06:39 AM

Haha yes... not many good stories here.. im with ya.. thanks...

LSU_FAN 11-04-2013 09:37 AM

I have been pushing for a new head unit and my dealer was ready to do it but whoever they consult with over the phone is telling them that it won't fix my problems. Congrats on getting yours replaced!

shewstring 11-04-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Evil Twin (Post 923337)
Woah, no one wants to hear a success story. What is wrong with you, man!

:joke:
In all seriousness, good to hear it! I have had nothing but praises for all of my Jeep vehicles. Happy everything worked out for you.

I agree! Nice to see some happy news for once. Progress is being made on the top issues: Radio/Nav, Transmission clunkiness, and the Vibration issues.

jeepman917 11-04-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LSU_FAN (Post 923556)
I have been pushing for a new head unit and my dealer was ready to do it but whoever they consult with over the phone is telling them that it won't fix my problems. Congrats on getting yours replaced!

thanks.. Reason why I post was to help guys out like yourself. Clearly - the new radio fixed *all* of the silliness with U connect and other random odd issues. The radio performs better - is faster and spot on. Id camp out there every time an issue occurs - the software updates - including the last one - do not fix all of the issues. Good luck. By the way - I didn't have to convince my dealer at all - second visit for the odd issues and they said - we see that replacing the radios fix all the issues.

turn1racing 11-13-2013 07:39 PM

How long did it take for your replacement radio to come in?

WATacoRider 11-13-2013 08:22 PM

Also, what is the build date of your vehicle?

frenche 11-18-2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepman917 (Post 923302)
So - yes - I've had all the nonsense and craziness with the head unit - settings changing - service car phone - nav freezing - not holding presents - SD card wackiness - Voice recognition not available - etc - etc - etc!!!

My radio was replaced 2 weeks ago - and - not one issue since! Additionally - the unit is MUCH FASTER - VR has been near flawless - new functionality added - I also believe the resolution is better! Couldn't be happier!

Jeep will eventually fix the issues with our cars - I do believe this new model year Jeep - with all the tech changes - has had its share of problems - however - I am happy that Jeep is working through them fairly rapidly.

Like yourselves - I wish I didn't have any issues - however - Im happy with the vehicle - and with any car - you have horror stories of all kinds of issues occurring. Perhaps we are on the right track with U Connect at least.

Push for the replacement!

Have you noticed any issues with your paint? I noticed you also have the Black Pearl like mine. In the right lighting and angle I have 2-3'' foggy spheres all over mine and it looks to be under the clear coat.

jeepman917 11-19-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frenche (Post 932391)
Have you noticed any issues with your paint? I noticed you also have the Black Pearl like mine. In the right lighting and angle I have 2-3'' foggy spheres all over mine and it looks to be under the clear coat.

Unfortunately - yes I do - noticed it on pickup - thought it was a water spot - its on my hood near windshield... Hoping it doesn't turn into a whole big issue down the road. Its not noticeable for me because with our color as soon as you drive it for a day or two there are other spots on it. Maybe some wet sanding gets it out - I don't know - if u say its under the clear (pearl in our case I guess) - we may have issues. Hopefully doesn't spread or flake.

not_too_shabby 11-19-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shewstring (Post 923561)
I agree! Nice to see some happy news for once. Progress is being made on the top issues: Radio/Nav, Transmission clunkiness, and the Vibration issues.

What is the progress on the vibration issues?

1st jeep 11-19-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by not_too_shabby (Post 932766)

What is the progress on the vibration issues?

Yes, what is it? Mine is @ the dealer for it now, for a second time.