Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Transmission won't shift into reverse 2014 Limited (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/transmission-wont-shift-into-reverse-2014-limited-67524.html)

SkipBGrad 11-03-2013 11:17 PM

Transmission won't shift into reverse 2014 Limited

1 month of ownership and Jeep has been problem free except for some of the UConnect issues mentioned here. Today, the JGC sits stuck in my driveway because it won't go into reverse. Start it, shift to reverse, and it stays in R for maybe 10 seconds then shifts on its own to neutral. If you give it gas while in R, it immediately goes to neutral. I guess it's getting towed to the dealer tomorrow.

mswlogo 11-04-2013 12:47 AM

Re: Transmission won't shift into reverse 2014 Limited

Can't you push it backwards to get it turned around so you can avoid a tow?

Good luck getting it fixed.

SkipBGrad 11-04-2013 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mswlogo (Post 923453)
Can't you push it backwards to get it turned around so you can avoid a tow? Good luck getting it fixed.

My driveway slopes down towards the house so unfortunately I won't be able to push it.

bill_de 11-04-2013 08:00 AM

Did you try, with your foot on the brake, going into drive, and then back to reverse?

---

SkipBGrad 11-04-2013 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 923519)
Did you try, with your foot on the brake, going into drive, and then back to reverse? ---

Yes I tried that but it doesn't help. I'm wishing I had backed it in so I could drive it myself to the dealer. Flatbed is on its way.

SkipBGrad 11-04-2013 12:33 PM

Back home after riding with the tow to the dealer. Service Manager says its an internal failure with the trans. They've got a call into Chrysler engineering to see what to do next. Possibilities are open it up or replace transmission. To say I'm pi$$ed off is an understatement.

jeepman917 11-04-2013 12:37 PM

good luck.. hang in there!

bill_de 11-04-2013 12:47 PM

Don't be pissed, unless they don't fix it. I sucks that it happened, but better now than when you're on a trip.

Hopefully it won't take too long.

---

tomk 11-04-2013 05:19 PM

I'm pretty sure they will replace the trans and not have the dealer service department open it up. I'd be somewhat surprised if corporate didn't want to get their mitts on that particular transmission.

..tom

SkipBGrad 11-04-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomk (Post 923877)
I'm pretty sure they will replace the trans and not have the dealer service department open it up. I'd be somewhat surprised if corporate didn't want to get their mitts on that particular transmission. ..tom

Service manager says Engineering told them to watch a 1 hour video (no sh&t) on performing the procedure, drop the pan , and check for metal. If there's metal, they order a transmission. If not, they order parts. I opened a case with Corporate. When the case manager calls tomorrow I'm gonna throw a sh&t fit and demand a new truck. Dealer says I'm the first one they had to do. Lucky me.

AZhiCntry 11-04-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkipBGrad (Post 923941)
I'm gonna throw a sh&t fit and demand a new truck. Dealer says I'm the first one they had to do. Lucky me.

Good luck with that! :lol::lol::lol: They generally get 4 attempts to fix any one problem before you can Lemon Law it.;)

CNY_WK2 11-04-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkipBGrad (Post 923941)
Service manager says Engineering told them to watch a 1 hour video (no sh&t) on performing the procedure, drop the pan , and check for metal. If there's metal, they order a transmission. If not, they order parts. I opened a case with Corporate. When the case manager calls tomorrow I'm gonna throw a sh&t fit and demand a new truck. Dealer says I'm the first one they had to do. Lucky me.

Why a new truck...that is a little ridiculous. It is like asking for a new truck because your tire went flat. I can understand a new transmission instead of a rebuild but you said yourself...no issues until this one item. It is good to see it is the Chrysler built ZF and not the german built ZF.