Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Recall notices for instrument cluster (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/recall-notices-for-instrument-cluster-67531.html)

Roki303 11-04-2013 09:08 AM

Recall notices for instrument cluster
 
Did anybody got that yet? I'm talking about this: http://www.edmunds.com/car-news/2014...r-defects.html

Any insiders know when is that suposse to be mailed out?

bill_de 11-04-2013 09:32 AM

Re: Recall notices for instrument cluster
 
Sometime this month.


---

imcraz 11-04-2013 10:38 PM

Re: Recall notices for instrument cluster
 
1 Attachment(s)
I just had my instrument cluster go ape sh!* today. It went through and gave me all sorts of warnings like ABS, air suspension, park sense, etc and several lights stayed on. The speedometer also stopped working which was fun.

2011Laredo 11-05-2013 12:32 AM

Re: Recall notices for instrument cluster
 
My jeep has had this problem 3 times already...I have been to service twice for the same problem...my nav/radio, etc. blacks out or freezes...The problem is still happening and I have since contacted Chrysler customer care for assistance...this is ridiculous.

GCLimited 11-05-2013 07:42 AM

Re: Recall notices for instrument cluster
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2011Laredo (Post 924173)

My jeep has had this problem 3 times already...I have been to service twice for the same problem...my nav/radio, etc. blacks out or freezes...The problem is still happening and I have since contacted Chrysler customer care for assistance...this is ridiculous.

Don't even bother with Chrysler Customer Service...useless as t**s on a bull. They should change their name to "Chrysler Lip Service".

Keep pounding on the dealership that sold you the vehicle, and if worse comes to worse, check the Lemon Laws in your state.

bill_de 11-05-2013 07:48 AM

Re: Recall notices for instrument cluster
 
Since the fix is coming this month, why not relax and wait for the recall letter? Then you will get it fixed, save those extra trips to the dealer, and won't be making an unnecessary pest of yourself at the dealership.

They can't do anything until they get the software from Chrysler. Stamping your feet won't speed up the process.


---

GCLimited 11-05-2013 07:56 AM

Re: Recall notices for instrument cluster
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 924266)

Since the fix is coming this month, why not relax and wait for the recall letter? Then you will get it fixed, save those extra trips to the dealer, and won't be making an unnecessary pest of yourself at the dealership.

Do you think the dealership will give him a rental until the fix comes out? I certainly wouldn't be driving that vehicle in the condition it's in.

bill_de 11-05-2013 08:16 AM

Re: Recall notices for instrument cluster
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GCLimited (Post 924270)
Do you think the dealership will give him a rental until the fix comes out? I certainly wouldn't be driving that vehicle in the condition it's in.

The vehicle will be back to normal on its own. I had this happen twice and never stopped driving the vehicle.

Without the speedometer I just maintained my speed with the traffic flow. Aside from that, driving is normal. After a few starts the mil goes out, indicating it no longer recognizes a problem.

It's only a big deal if you let it be. But, you follow these threads carefully. You know how many people have reported this. And you know, except for the initial shock, it is not much of an issue.

I know that you like to stir the pot. ;)


---

vnbWK2 11-05-2013 09:41 AM

Since the recall states it effects 91k 2014 Grand Cherokees, I assume it is build date specific, as a lot more than that are on the road. The only thing I have an issue with my instr cluster is that a few times the analog speedo went blank. No going bonkers issue.

imcraz 11-05-2013 09:47 AM

Re: Recall notices for instrument cluster
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by imcraz (Post 924111)
I just had my instrument cluster go ape sh!* today. It went through and gave me all sorts of warnings like ABS, air suspension, park sense, etc and several lights stayed on. The speedometer also stopped working which was fun.

Update - This morning only the check engine light came on and stayed on. Everything else seems to have calmed down. I took it to the dealership this morning so I'll see what kind of codes it is throwing. I also showed my service guy the article about the recall and he said he hasn't heard anything about it yet.

TurboRush 11-05-2013 09:53 AM

Re: Recall notices for instrument cluster
 
Of course they haven't heard anything about it.. :rolleyes:

bill_de 11-05-2013 09:59 AM

Re: Recall notices for instrument cluster
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by imcraz (Post 924330)
Update - This morning only the check engine light came on and stayed on. Everything else seems to have calmed down. I took it to the dealership this morning so I'll see what kind of codes it is throwing. I also showed my service guy the article about the recall and he said he hasn't heard anything about it yet.

Likely it will throw a couple of pages of codes, all meaningless. They are being created by a software problem.

Before they figured it out, there were a couple of Star cases suggesting it was a loose ground or an abs sensor. The software for the abs module is part of the recall.

Hopefully your dealer will familiarize himself with what's going on before he does anything to your Jeep.

---


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community