Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   700 miles and at JGC wont start (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/700-miles-and-at-jgc-wont-start-67534.html)

GrandPuba 11-04-2013 11:34 AM

700 miles and at JGC wont start

I just purchased this car. Remote started since it was cold outside. Jumped in after 5 min, released the parking brakes, held the foot brake and pressed the ignition button. Brake light and psence indicators on, drove a couple minutes then passenger seat belt tone came on..but wait, no one in passenger seat. Parked on the side of the street, turned off the car....now it will not turn back on. Called emergency towing and the tow truck dude looked at me and started chuckling, he said this is the 5th JGC in a week that he picked up for not starting. He wasn't able to put it in neutral to tow so he reseated some fuse and it starts with the check engine light on. Super annoyed right now...im not a rich guy. But I wanted to spoil myself with a 40k car. At the dealership and the service manager was upset at me cuz the towguy pulled the fuse for some reason

Chunderboy 11-04-2013 11:56 AM

Re: 700 miles and at JGC wont start

sorry to hear that man, thats just plain awful. As for the service guys at the jeep dealership feel free to tell them to ef off, bc there was no way to get the car on the flat bed or to your dealership unless you did that...

They are mad at you... funny, it believe it should be the other way around.

1quick1 11-04-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrandPuba (Post 923628)
he said this is the 5th JGC in a week that he picked up for not starting.

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploa...-thumbs-up.gif

bill_de 11-04-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

I just purchased this car. Remote started since it was cold outside. Jumped in after 5 min, released the parking brakes, held the foot brake and pressed the ignition button. Brake light and psence indicators on, drove a couple minutes then passenger seat belt tone came on..but wait, no one in passenger seat. Parked on the side of the street, turned off the car....now it will not turn back on. Called emergency towing and the tow truck dude looked at me and started chuckling, he said this is the 5th JGC in a week that he picked up for not starting. He wasn't able to put it in neutral to tow so he reseated some fuse and it starts with the check engine light on. Super annoyed right now...im not a rich guy. But I wanted to spoil myself with a 40k car. At the dealership and the service manager was upset at me cuz the towguy pulled the fuse for some reason

I hope you made a note of what fuse he reset, so if it happens again you won't be stuck.

As a side note, quite a few JGCs (mine included) came with the fuses under the hood not properly seated. You may want to check that.

---

jdshaw 11-04-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Called emergency towing and the tow truck dude looked at me and started chuckling, he said this is the 5th JGC in a week that he picked up for not starting.

This is ridiculous!
Perhaps the next Consumer Reports update will go from 90% worse than average to 150% worse than average. Good job Jeepster!

TurboRush 11-04-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1quick1 (Post 923714)

:lol::lol::lol: I had the same thought.

GrandPuba 11-04-2013 03:49 PM

So just got back from the dealership. The service guy said that I needed a software upgrade. A couple hours later he said that the jeep is having issues starting up again and asked me if I would like a rental (dodge avenger...hmmmm) and will let me know what the diagnosis is. Its sad because I actually like this car features and how badass it looks, but reliability so far not so good. dammit

TurboRush 11-04-2013 04:36 PM

Don't give up on it just yet. I have a car I bought new in 2006 that ate a rear diff after 2 months (and many people joked about how unreliable the car was in general). Sat at the dealer for a week while they waited for a new part from Japan. Since then the car had been flawless including living most of its life running a lot more hp than stock and numerous track and autox days.

GrandPuba 11-04-2013 04:40 PM

I feel ya Turbo. Im usually a lurker on this forum and just only posted when something went wrong just like everyone else. I figure nobody posts when the had a great ride to work. thanks guys

yjbeach 11-04-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboRush (Post 923854)
Don't give up on it just yet. I have a car I bought new in 2006 that ate a rear diff after 2 months (and many people joked about how unreliable the car was in general). Sat at the dealer for a week while they waited for a new part from Japan. Since then the car had been flawless including living most of its life running a lot more hp than stock and numerous track and autox days.

Subaru?

TurboRush 11-04-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yjbeach (Post 923857)

Subaru?

Same area, Evo

GCLimited 11-05-2013 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrandPuba (Post 923834)

So just got back from the dealership. The service guy said that I needed a software upgrade. A couple hours later he said that the jeep is having issues starting up again and asked me if I would like a rental (dodge avenger...hmmmm) and will let me know what the diagnosis is. Its sad because I actually like this car features and how badass it looks, but reliability so far not so good. dammit

Sounds like a familar story for a lot of us.

Keep bringing the vehicle back to the dealership you bought it at, and look into the Lemon Laws in your state if they can't fix it.

Oh, and don't even waste your time with "Chrysler Lip Service"...a.k.a Chrysler Customer service. You'll have more luck with rasing the dead.