Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Can someone give thoughts on this deal. Please! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/can-someone-give-thoughts-on-this-deal-please-67544.html)

longisland 11-04-2013 02:59 PM

Can someone give thoughts on this deal. Please!

I have been shopping around looking for a great deal. I was appreciate some feedback on a deal I am strongly considering. Is this a solid deal or can I do better?

2014 Overland V8 (granite/black) Without the advanced technology package
15K miles per year
36 Month lease
MSRP of this vehicle is $49,885
Price lease is based on is $47,275 (I was told this is $145 below invoice price)
total out of pocket $1,700, which icludes:
$650 first month payment
$381.50 dealer filing fee
$78.00 plate transfer fee
$590.50 cap cost reduction

Total monthly paymentů..$650

Money factor .00009
Residual %50
bank used is chrysler

Thank you in advance for any comments and/or suggestion/opinions.

Raptor 11-04-2013 03:56 PM

Re: Can someone give thoughts on this deal. Please!

Your paying to much for the car!

**$48247.00** (Cap cost reduction $590.50 + Dealers Fee $381.50 + Dealers Price $47275.00)

Is not $145.00 below invoice!

Try these online research websights; Find the real invoice price for the car your looking to buy!

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Prices - MSN Autos

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Review | Edmunds.com

Then use these tools to evaluate the lease terms;

Auto Lease Calculator at Edmunds.com

Car Lease Calculator ? Lease Payments and Costs

jdshaw 11-04-2013 04:06 PM

Best advice: Walk away. You can't get a good deal on an unreliable vehicle. 2014 JGC is not ready for prime time.

longisland 11-04-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdshaw (Post 923840)
Best advice: Walk away. You can't get a good deal on an unreliable vehicle. 2014 JGC is not ready for prime time.

Wow, wasnt expecting that response from a jeep owners forumn. However, I do appreciate your feedback. I have read a bunch about the issues but I also read that a lot of them can be corrected with the reflash. Everyone told me I was crazy for getting into a land rover a few years back due to reliability issues, I fared pretty well with that car so I guess I was hoping for the same outcome with the JGC.

Paradiso 11-04-2013 05:36 PM

I bought my 2014 overland two weeks ago. My lease is through Chrysler 12k/36mo. The dealer did go 1% below invoice on the truck. My residual I believe is 26k.

Albeit I have less that 500 miles on her but I do love it

TonyMontana 11-04-2013 05:44 PM

Tha lease price is way too much. I paid 53000 cdn for my 14 Limited V8 with Lux2, 20s and tow package. I also had them put on tube side bars, mud flaps and tow hooks.

Your payment is very close to my purchase payment. I love my vehicle thus far. Zero issues. Zip.

I'm coming from 2 Acura Tls that also both had zero issues. Don't be scared by a lot of the negative posts on this forum. No many members that are pleased by their rides post praise.

bill_de 11-04-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longisland (Post 923880)
Wow, wasnt expecting that response from a jeep owners forumn. However, I do appreciate your feedback. I have read a bunch about the issues but I also read that a lot of them can be corrected with the reflash. Everyone told me I was crazy for getting into a land rover a few years back due to reliability issues, I fared pretty well with that car so I guess I was hoping for the same outcome with the JGC.

Look at all his posts. He decided to not buy a Jeep, but hangs on anyway just to complain, because of what he read.

There have been some problems, mostly (not all) minor and most are being, or have been taken care of. If you are going to base your decision on what people post on the internet, probably best to pay closer attention to people who actually own the product you are looking at. Not all are happy, but everybody will relate their real life experience.

I had some software issues, and a bad wheel bearing. All were taken care of, and none required me to leave the car.

As for the deal, all those numbers are too confusing for me, so I always buy. There are some members here who really understand the lease details, and they will be along shortly. :thumbsup:

longisland 11-04-2013 06:05 PM

Thank you all for your feedback I really do appreciate it! I was able to go back at a neigboring dealership and they were willing to drop the extra 595 cap cost reduction with same car and lease term. plus throw in rubber slush mats:rolleyes:
I am in New York, so I think the tax is higher which is rolled into the payment. How does this deal sound now? Still too high? I am certainly going to tool around with those sites mentioned for the true invoice, thank you for that link.
Maybe someone can post their lease deal for a 14 overland to compare?

bill_de 11-04-2013 06:18 PM

You can get the invoice price right here at Jeep Garage. See post # 1

http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/2014-g...52937-660.html

---

plynn7 11-04-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longisland (Post 923912)
Thank you all for your feedback I really do appreciate it! I was able to go back at a neigboring dealership and they were willing to drop the extra 595 cap cost reduction with same car and lease term. plus throw in rubber slush mats:rolleyes:
I am in New York, so I think the tax is higher which is rolled into the payment. How does this deal sound now? Still too high? I am certainly going to tool around with those sites mentioned for the true invoice, thank you for that link.
Maybe someone can post their lease deal for a 14 overland to compare?

Have you checked out the D.C. group buy thread, 7% below invoice, if your willing to drive a few hours it may save you a few thousand. You always want to negotiate the sale price of a lease just like you would a normal purchase. The lower the sale price of the lease the lower your payment. I did my Overland lease threw the D.C. group buy and it worked out well.

You also want to make sure, if there are incentives such as the $1000 lease rebate from Chrysler, that it is being applied after you make the best deal. The D.C. group buy is 7% below invoice on top of any rebates/incentives from Chrysler.

quartertank 11-04-2013 07:03 PM

i just took delivery last thursday of a late build 14 Overland 5.7L w/Tech package in the NY City Area. MSRP was 52380, neg price 49139 (6% off msrp - about 1% below the invoice numbers from page 1). I think i could've squeezed more to get the price down a bit, but i ended up pulling the trigger at this number. I honestly got tired of going to dealers and said eff it. not the best negotiating strategy, i know.

My lease deal was 39 months, 15k miles/yr
money factor same at 0.00009 (works out to about a 2.12% apr)
Residual was 46% (oct lease packages offered by chrysler and 39 month lease)
$1000 chrysler incentive (lease conquest incentive as cap cost reduc)
I put $0 down out of pocket (only cap cost red was the $1k chrys incentive)
I paid the taxes on the lease up front
monthly payment (no tax) of $590. If i rolled the tax in my montly payment wold have been $640.

One thing i learned through pricing/spec'ing the overland in the nyc area, is that there are decent sized differences in the MSRPs and the corresponding invoice price based on when the car was built this year. for example, the v8 upgrade at the beginning of the year was $2195. then it was $2695, and now its $3195. so when the car you are looking at was built is going to be factor in the pricing. it will also be a factor in the dealer being motivated to move them. they don't like seeing cars on their lots approaching 250 days, which some are, especially in White. There are a TON of white overlands on dealer lots around here and not as many of the other colors. The car I got was very new, it shipped from Chrysler on Oct. 10, it had been sitting on a lot for only a few days after the 17 days shipping (Black/Black). so i think if you are willing to go with a white overland v8 built toward the beginning of the year, you can do a good bit better. basically, the tech package will be almost free. if you are looking for other colors, i think you are going to have less play.

Feel free to PM me if you want more details.

QT

Raptor 11-04-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plynn7 (Post 923929)
Have you checked out the D.C. group buy thread, 7% below invoice, if your willing to drive a few hours it may save you a few thousand. You always want to negotiate the sale price of a lease just like you would a normal purchase. The lower the sale price of the lease the lower your payment. I did my Overland lease threw the D.C. group buy and it worked out well.

You also want to make sure, if there are incentives such as the $1000 lease rebate from Chrysler, that it is being applied after you make the best deal. The D.C. group buy is 7% below invoice on top of any rebates/incentives from Chrysler.

Yes I agree! You will not be able to beat this DC group buy deal! :thumbsup:

http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/dc-met...buy-54432.html

Even factoring in a one way plane flight down there to pick it up, (they will grab you @ the airport & drive you right to the dealership!!) or a road trip to do the same, you will save thousands over any NYC deal! :cool: