Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   I love my 2014 Limited (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/i-love-my-2014-limited-67600.html)

mswlogo 11-05-2013 10:56 PM

I love my 2014 Limited

4K miles in 3 months.

Only been to dealer once for Transmission Update. Still need to get rear bowed handle fixed. Not worth the trip. I avoid dealers as much as possible.

Updated Radio Myself. It had quirks and now very few quirks. Nothing is perfect.

I have 7000 songs on a 64GB USB Stick. Works great.

I swore I'd never buy a car with remote start. So excessive, so wasteful, be a man and freeze for few minutes I always thought.

I had no idea the Limited even had Remote Start until I got it !!

Anyway, it's been getting chilly out and I used the Remote Start with Auto Comfort on.

Oh man, is that nice. I love how the blower is running full blast and when you open the door the fan goes down to your previous setting. It speaks, Welcome, your car is ready sir. You touch the door and it unlocks. You get in and the lights stay on until you "Start It". Toasty warm steering wheel under the fingers, am I in heaven?

I call my wife every day bragging about how toasty warm I am. She gets so mad, in a fun way.

She had the "Newest" cool car for while. A VW CC. Still a very nice car. It's a stick, we both love sticks. But no remote start with a stick.

But it seems so primitive and plain now, when I get in.

I always look at things like this.

You kind of start with the Needle in the Middle.

As things go well the needle moves to the right.

As things go bad it moves to the left.

If after 6 months or a year and it's on the left, you basically don't like the "Total Experience" of the car.

If it's way to the right and something goes wrong, it's not enough to swing it all the way to the left. But perhaps it's now back to 3/4. And then something else goes wrong. Now your in trouble.

Well, right now, everyday it's racking up points to the right and the needle is pegged to the right. Even if something went wrong it's got a lot of buffer built up. I think the transmission would have to fall out to get on the left, well maybe that's a little exaggeration.

Keep racking up those positive points, Jeep !!!

acilate 11-05-2013 11:38 PM

Re: I love my 2014 Limited

Glad to see another positive experience! I was wondering about the bigger size USB/SD, glad to see that's working well for you. I think I'll go with an SD card though for the better throughput. I wonder if it will take a 128GB card :)

Also,

:pics:

mswlogo 11-06-2013 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acilate (Post 924783)
Glad to see another positive experience! I was wondering about the bigger size USB/SD, glad to see that's working well for you. I think I'll go with an SD card though for the better throughput. I wonder if it will take a 128GB card :)

Also,

:pics:

I find USB sticks, fast ones, more robust and faster than SD cards.

Not sure why. But I've tried both over the years and USB Sticks always work better.

This is the USB Stick I use. They make a 128 GB one too.

Amazon.com: Transcend JetFlash 600 64 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive TS64GJF600 (up to 32MB/s): Electronics

Transcend JetFlash 600 64 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive TS64GJF600 (up to 32MB/s)

If you do try a 128GB SD please post a thread on it.

Sorry for lack of Jeep Pictures. It's just a straight Limited. No Mods. It's perfect just the way it is. But it really needs a bath.

Been working my butt off finishing a new 2 car Garage for it before the snow flies. No time for Jeep baths.

jacko15 11-06-2013 10:01 AM

Over six months on my Overland. and I agree, something drastic would have to happen to put a dent in my great experience so far. I've been doing the Uconnect updates myself, and I've had no reason to take it to the dealer yet. I will ask them for the hvac update when I finally take it in for my first free oil change in about a month. I have the "climate control shuts off after remote start when you open the driver's door" issue, but I know there is a fix waiting.

It will probably be only a matter of time before we get a post on this thread from someone who's having a problem, accusing us of being part of a Chrysler conspiracy to cover up what a piece of junk the '14 JGC is, but we know better.

Keep on truckin'!

TonyMontana 11-06-2013 12:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Loving my Limited Hemi as well. Done my own updates with no issues at all. Needle is pegged to the right and bending lol.

Attachment 31455

LSU_FAN 11-06-2013 03:12 PM

We are very happy with our 2014 Limited as well, we have minor issues with the settings but nothing that would stop me from buying another one. I'm actually considering replacing my truck with one later on.

GCLimited 11-06-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacko15 (Post 924970)

I have the "climate control shuts off after remote start when you open the driver's door" issue, but I know there is a fix waiting.

Me too.

:mad:

Quote:

It will probably be only a matter of time before we get a post on this thread from someone who's having a problem, accusing us of being part of a Chrysler conspiracy to cover up what a piece of junk the '14 JGC is, but we know better.
Someone calling me? ;)

mswlogo 11-06-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Over six months on my Overland. and I agree, something drastic would have to happen to put a dent in my great experience so far. I've been doing the Uconnect updates myself, and I've had no reason to take it to the dealer yet. I will ask them for the hvac update when I finally take it in for my first free oil change in about a month. I have the "climate control shuts off after remote start when you open the driver's door" issue, but I know there is a fix waiting.

Keep on truckin'!

I see now. It must have restored ALL settings when you open the door.

Now it restores some. Like Fan Speed but it needs to know to leave the Heated Seats/Wheel On and not "Restore" those to how you last left it.

I can see where this would get tricky.

GCLimited 11-06-2013 04:08 PM

Does the heated steering wheel or seats have a timer like the rear defroster?

I ask because my commute to work is about 50 minutes in the morning, and after a remote start, the heat for the steering wheel and drivers seat stays on all that time...doesn't shut off until I do it manually.

lstowell 11-06-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Keep on truckin'!

You are all part of a Chrysler conspiracy to cover up what a piece of junk the '14 JGC is. :D

There, now that the obligatory posting has been made, just try to pry mine away from either me or the missus.

Just over 8K, and heading cross country to the west in a couple weeks.

jacko15 11-06-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lstowell (Post 925222)
You are all part of a Chrysler conspiracy to cover up what a piece of junk the '14 JGC is. :D

Thanks for getting that out of the way! :thumbsup:

Shertim 11-06-2013 06:24 PM

Glad the conspiracy theory has been cleared, now it's safe to agree with the rest, I love the jeep, every drive just makes the smile on the dial increase, only a minor prob with the vr, but the dealer is going to sort that next week, so for me:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool::lol: