Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   ACC with stop not stopping anymore (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/acc-with-stop-not-stopping-anymore-67618.html)

arib 11-06-2013 12:46 PM

ACC with stop not stopping anymore

After a minor front end bump, the front radar sensor on my 14 grand Cherokee was scratched And replaced. The new radar was in plant mode. The dealer got it out of plant mode but now my ACC that used to go down to stop disengages at 15mph. This originally had stop and the window sticker says as much. Dealer is dumbfounded. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Carson14 11-09-2013 04:24 PM

Re: ACC with stop not stopping anymore

Quote:

Originally Posted by arib (Post 925071)
After a minor front end bump, the front radar sensor on my 14 grand Cherokee was scratched And replaced. The new radar was in plant mode. The dealer got it out of plant mode but now my ACC that used to go down to stop disengages at 15mph. This originally had stop and the window sticker says as much. Dealer is dumbfounded. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

I don't have any ideas, but this seems like it could somehow help us with the problem of retrofitting ACC w/stop into our w/o stop vehicles.

Peter_K 11-10-2013 12:16 AM

Kind of sounds like the module was replaced with the older version when they did the repair.

exlr8 11-10-2013 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_K (Post 927508)
Kind of sounds like the module was replaced with the older version when they did the repair.

Exactly where I was going. Other than that, are you 100% sure the sensor is aligned properly? As it seems to be working to a point, I guess it is.

I am only speaking from my own experience (with a MY13) that it went to a dealer 3 times and the third time they said I needed a new sensor. From that I pulled off the air dam and inspected it myself only to notice it was bent downward several degrees. I straightened to the vertical and it has been perfect since (yes, no confidence in that dealer whatsoever).

Anyway, just thought it was worth checking alignment (yourself) first, process of elimination.

f1anatic 11-14-2013 06:08 PM

Well this is interesting. Thank you for the information, Carson, and for linking this thread here.
I have started a thread not too long ago, trying to add the feature of ACC with STOP to those 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee's who came from the factory with ACC without STOP. You can find the thread at this link.

The information that ARIB is sharing with us is isgnificant in ways we do not fully comprehend. Based on my research, using VIN numbers of different 2014 vehicles, the difference is in the ABS control module, as the radar eye (ACC Module) is the same. If I may speculate:

1) they either installed an ACC Module from a 2011-2013 model
2) they installed the proper module but they did not flash it with the correct firmware revision.

By any means, please keep us informed. Maybe after all, there is a firmware upgrade solution for us. As I said it in numerous other places, I believe the retrofit of STOP on a 2014 MY Jeep is not only possible but also economical (several hundred dollars). It would not be possible on prior MY vehicles because they lack other sensors such as the camera by the rear view mirror.

Snipe315 11-15-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arib (Post 925071)

Yup, sure sounds like they replaced your unit with an older one.

Please let us know if the dealership admits to this error and how they are fixing/resolving it.