Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2014+ Jeep Grand Cherokee Ecodiesel 3.0 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f222/)
-   -   Let the pot watching begin! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f222/let-the-pot-watching-begin-67630.html)

ianewk 11-06-2013 05:30 PM

Let the pot watching begin!

It's only been a week since we ordered from the dealer and we're now in "Production Scheduled." How have you not all gone crazy waiting as long as many of you have? Or maybe you did...:)

We really were not in the market for a new rig...circumstances dictated otherwise. We had a surprise issue with our Tundra and my 6MT FJ Cruiser toy couldn't check all the boxes we needed. I miss it already! :(

So with all that plus our first little one on the way we needed something that:
1. Was nice (obviously)
2. Baby friendly (access, storage, comfort, etc.)
3. Got decent mileage
4. Versatile in all environments (camping, skiing, bike races)
5. Relatively parking friendly for city duty in Sacramento
6. Oh-by-the-way needed to be able to tow our 23-foot Airstream.

That's a tall order. So happy Jeep came out with this vehicle!!! Check, check, check, check, check, check!

This is vehicle number 40 for us. Between me and the wife, we've gone through a few fun cars :) ...I hope this will be the last for a very long time.

walt_mink 11-06-2013 11:14 PM

Re: Let the pot watching begin!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianewk (Post 925283)
This is vehicle number 40 for us. Between me and the wife, we've gone through a few fun cars :)

Holy cow! That's a whole bunch of iron you've been through. You get bored easily, or is the wife a lousy driver? ;)

Welcome to the big wait - we've all been going a bit nuts for the last year or so waiting, but good things come to those that do, eh?

ianewk 11-06-2013 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walt_mink (Post 925546)
Holy cow! That's a whole bunch of iron you've been through. You get bored easily, or is the wife a lousy driver? ;)

Welcome to the big wait - we've all been going a bit nuts for the last year or so waiting, but good things come to those that do, eh?

Nope, quite the opposite, she's a country girl. There are just so many cool cars and so little time! :-)

No more of that now though. Time for long term rigs...with long term waits. :(

Mike V 11-08-2013 02:49 PM

Right now the wait is not as long as you think. I got my vots number on 10/17 and it was built, inspected, and in shipping on 11/06. Thats not bad. I bet I will get it by the 27th.

Mike V

ianewk 11-08-2013 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike V (Post 926659)
Right now the wait is not as long as you think. I got my vots number on 10/17 and it was built, inspected, and in shipping on 11/06. Thats not bad. I bet I will get it by the 27th.

Mike V

Mike,
That's great news. We're living with one car while we wait (first time we've EVER done that).