Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/)
-   -   Hate my horn (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/hate-my-horn-67642.html)

BlackN'Blue 11-06-2013 11:52 PM

Hate my horn

Not sure if anyone else has a problem with their horn. But my 08 laredo horn is so loud and very hard to activate. I love sensitive horns that you could beep with the slightest touch. Buuut mine you literally have to lay on it for it to work. Would replacing the steering wheel or horn be a PITA?

brentwoodkris 11-08-2013 09:34 AM

Re: Hate my horn

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackN'Blue (Post 925565)
Not sure if anyone else has a problem with their horn. But my 08 laredo horn is so loud and very hard to activate. I love sensitive horns that you could beep with the slightest touch. Buuut mine you literally have to lay on it for it to work. Would replacing the steering wheel or horn be a PITA?

Have you tried just finding the horn's "g-spot?" :lol: I know with mine, you gotta hit it in just the right place...when you do, it is really easy to activate :D

DAVY27 11-08-2013 09:15 PM

same problem. Have to sometimes punch the dam thing to work

BlackN'Blue 11-09-2013 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brentwoodkris (Post 926480)
Have you tried just finding the horn's "g-spot?" :lol: I know with mine, you gotta hit it in just the right place...when you do, it is really easy to activate :D

There is no g-spot lol:lol:

BlackN'Blue 11-09-2013 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAVY27 (Post 926929)
same problem. Have to sometimes punch the dam thing to work

Yeah i hate it, especially when i see a friend and want to give a quick honk, but it just seems like i'm having road rage lol

antsjeep 11-26-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackN'Blue (Post 927008)
Yeah i hate it, especially when i see a friend and want to give a quick honk, but it just seems like i'm having road rage lol

that happens all the time to me!! lol

lstowell 11-26-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackN'Blue (Post 927008)

I first noticed this lovable feature when air bags in the wheel started.

J. C. Whitney used to have some volume control horns that you could probably rig up on a separate button somewhere, as i would not suggest messing with any steering wheel with an air bag in it unless you really know what you are doing.

JCW also used to have really kewl Hadley air horns for those who must drive in areas with sleeping other drivers...

BlackN'Blue 11-26-2013 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lstowell (Post 936593)
I first noticed this lovable feature when air bags in the wheel started.

J. C. Whitney used to have some volume control horns that you could probably rig up on a separate button somewhere, as i would not suggest messing with any steering wheel with an air bag in it unless you really know what you are doing.

JCW also used to have really kewl Hadley air horns for those who must drive in areas with sleeping other drivers...

Yeah i think i'm just going to leave it alone. I do like the idea of a seperate horn, possible a train horn :lol:

lstowell 11-27-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackN'Blue (Post 936763)
Yeah i think i'm just going to leave it alone. I do like the idea of a seperate horn, possible a train horn :lol:

The Hadley air horns are true high pressure air horns, just like the big trucks and trains have. Definitely get the attention of folks, particularly if installed on an MGB.

Why stop at train horns? How about the Godfather theme?
Or, an old fashioned ooga?
Or a keyboard capable horn?
Or a fog horn.

BlackN'Blue 12-05-2013 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lstowell (Post 937053)
The Hadley air horns are true high pressure air horns, just like the big trucks and trains have. Definitely get the attention of folks, particularly if installed on an MGB.

Why stop at train horns? How about the Godfather theme?
Or, an old fashioned ooga?
Or a keyboard capable horn?
Or a fog horn.

HAHAHA go big or go home!