Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2014+ Jeep Grand Cherokee Ecodiesel 3.0 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f222/)
-   -   Lifetime Extended Warranty Not Available On New JGC Diesel (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f222/lifetime-extended-warranty-not-available-on-new-jgc-diesel-67688.html)

Sourdoug 11-07-2013 09:48 PM

Lifetime Extended Warranty Not Available On New JGC Diesel

My JGC is scheduled for delivery early next week and the dealer informed me today that the Maximum Care Lifetime extended warranty is not available on the the diesel.

If this is supposed to be such a great vehicle, why won't Jeep provide a lifetime warranty like they do on on the rest of its models? Should I be having second thoughts if they don't have enough faith it its own vehicle to warranty it?

bill_de 11-07-2013 10:28 PM

Re: Lifetime Extended Warranty Not Available On New JGC Diesel

Could be that the engine will last so long that they can't afford to warranty all the rest of the parts that long. ;)

---

acilate 11-07-2013 11:58 PM

Another angle of thought: The service contract (technically not a warranty) expires once the repair is valued at more than the Jeep. Generally, diesel versions of vehicles hold their value longer than their gasser brethren, which skews the equation.

That said, I'd be willing to pay an extra $500 for the lifetime warranty.

Jim_in_PA 11-08-2013 08:29 AM

This actually isn't a new policy, but there was hope it might change.

In the mean time, they do offer up to 8 years/120k with $100 deductible with the MaxCare service contract which is pretty good, despite not being "lifetime".

mtnmerlin 11-09-2013 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim_in_PA (Post 926447)
In the mean time, they do offer up to 8 years/120k with $100 deductible with the MaxCare service contract which is pretty good, despite not being "lifetime".

And the 7 year is extendable to 12 years with low mileage.

I have yet to decide what I will do.

BlueWater84 11-09-2013 09:54 AM

I would have been interested in a lifetime but ended up buying a 6yr/100,000 mile contract.

Willx 11-09-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acilate (Post 926316)
Another angle of thought: The service contract (technically not a warranty) expires once the repair is valued at more than the Jeep. Generally, diesel versions of vehicles hold their value longer than their gasser brethren, which skews the equation.

That said, I'd be willing to pay an extra $500 for the lifetime warranty.

^^^ This is part of the problem.

It is a longevity good thing problem not a bad thing.

Marlon_JB2 11-11-2013 10:23 AM

The answer is simple: The engines cost too much for Chrysler to warranty.

mswlogo 11-12-2013 04:17 PM

I suspect the main reason is that Diesels are often used in more commercial applications where they are worked harder. Any truck that is more strictly commercial like a Sprinter Van are not offered by Lifetime. It's basically how they expect it will statistically get used.

Hammerhead 11-12-2013 11:09 PM

In 2008, the longest maxcare warranty we could get for our CRD was something like 5 years or 80,000 miles.

jupo 11-15-2013 02:32 PM

I would say the problem is not the engine itself, but turbo. It is so expensive part and without proper care won't last 60K miles.

suzieque 11-15-2013 04:37 PM

the WK equipped with the CRD was not available with lifetime warranty either. but I can say from personal experience, any additional warranty you can buy is worth it, diesel repairs are expensive.