Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   2014 SRT bugs and problems now all sorted? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/2014-srt-bugs-and-problems-now-all-sorted-67725.html)

dkoong 11-08-2013 10:52 PM

2014 SRT bugs and problems now all sorted?

hi all

i have a black 2014 SRT coming over to me here in australia!! this is my 3rd SRT over the last few years….

the last 2 (a 300c and a 300) have been relatively trouble free

i have read in shock and horror all these problems with

Uconnect
Whining noises on deceleration
cluster problems
transmission problems with rough shifting

This was AFTER i ordered the jeep!
i would have thought the uconnect problems would have been sorted because it has been in the 300 since 2012. and the 8 speeder has also been in use since 2012 as well.

i thought i would be safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :slapfight::slapfight::slap fight:
and i didn't check the internet for info…..

anyway… my build date is 8th october 2013.

has anyone experienced any of the above 'issues' with this build date and later?
I particularly hate whining noises and rattles…. one of the reasons i sold some of my previous cars because of uncorrectable rattles/whines and squeaks… lol.

i have read through the TSBs and recall notices etc pertaining to the JGC 2014 models but it seems that apart from the uconnect update still pending for the metric guys (me) the problems seem to have been addressed. haven't heard much about the whining noise on deceleration though...

the SRT at the dealer i test drove a few weeks ago was fine… didn't notice anything out of place and i was so impressed with the test drive that i signed on the dotted line that night and also sold my 300 SRT8 soon after.

anyone???? :D

countrygirl 11-08-2013 11:00 PM

Re: 2014 SRT bugs and problems now all sorted?

Only 1200 miles on my SRT and no problems yet short of one dash rattle the dealer fixed when they found a stray piece of trim. Not a big deal.

I put 5000 miles on a 2014 overland before I bought the SRT. I do find the SRT shifts rougher than the v8 Overland I had which was smooth as could be. I was also experiencing the cluster/uconnect issues in the Overland that they've recently issued the recall for, but nothing so far in the SRT.

The Overland had a few quality control issues like crooked glove box, 1 fog light didn't work etc. I have found the build quality on the SRT to be very good and I'm hard pressed to find anything.

Having driven a number of SUVs in the 70-80k range for the last few years (the Overland aside) the SRT has been hands down my favorite thanks to the handling, power and styling.

I don't think you have too much to worry about!

dkoong 11-08-2013 11:04 PM

lol. i hope so.

i have the habit of impulsively buying cars that i like. this will be my 5th chrysler product…… 2 300s, 2 previous jeep GCs….

countrygirl 11-08-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkoong (Post 926976)
lol. i hope so.

i have the habit of impulsively buying cars that i like. this will be my 5th chrysler product…… 2 300s, 2 previous jeep GCs….

You and I should start a support group then, we'll be the charter members. I've purchased 11 cars in the last 7 years. :eek:

DH is hoping I'm planning on keeping the SRT around for awhile. :D

dkoong 11-08-2013 11:16 PM

I always have the intention of keeping these things for 2 or 3 years but something always comes along to tickle my fancy. Or problems crop up making me want to sell.

Scottina06 11-09-2013 04:36 AM

Ive had 0 problems

watchdog507 11-09-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkoong (Post 926971)
hi all

i have a black 2014 SRT coming over to me here in australia!! this is my 3rd SRT over the last few years….

the last 2 (a 300c and a 300) have been relatively trouble free

i have read in shock and horror all these problems with

Uconnect
Whining noises on deceleration
cluster problems
transmission problems with rough shifting

This was AFTER i ordered the jeep!
i would have thought the uconnect problems would have been sorted because it has been in the 300 since 2012. and the 8 speeder has also been in use since 2012 as well.

i thought i would be safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :slapfight::slapfight::slap fight:
and i didn't check the internet for info…..

anyway… my build date is 8th october 2013.

has anyone experienced any of the above 'issues' with this build date and later?
I particularly hate whining noises and rattles…. one of the reasons i sold some of my previous cars because of uncorrectable rattles/whines and squeaks… lol.

i have read through the TSBs and recall notices etc pertaining to the JGC 2014 models but it seems that apart from the uconnect update still pending for the metric guys (me) the problems seem to have been addressed. haven't heard much about the whining noise on deceleration though...

the SRT at the dealer i test drove a few weeks ago was fine… didn't notice anything out of place and i was so impressed with the test drive that i signed on the dotted line that night and also sold my 300 SRT8 soon after.

anyone???? :D

My Experience:

-Uconnect works pretty much as it should except for SRT pages not loading everytime.

-I don't really hear any noise on deceleration other than what comes from the tailpipes.

-The cluster works as it should.

-The tranny does clunk sometimes when accelerating from a slow speed and under slow speed deceleration. Not a big deal but surprising that this hasn't been dealt with. The tranny does not exhibit rough shifts in my SRT.