Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2014+ Cherokee-KL (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/)
-   -   Is there real gas mileage from owners ? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/is-there-real-gas-mileage-from-owners-67805.html)

moparmania 11-10-2013 10:24 PM

Is there real gas mileage from owners ?

:cool:

DOES ANYONE OWN ONE AND ACTUALLY CHECKED THE REAL GAS MILEAGE ?

zeprider25 11-10-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moparmania (Post 927991)

DOES ANYONE OWN ONE AND ACTUALLY CHECKED THE REAL GAS MILEAGE ?

i use fuelly (website/app) to track mpg and fuel usage.

moparmania 11-10-2013 11:22 PM

Re: Is there real gas mileage from owners ?

I use the Fill it up with gas and Divide the actual gallons and miles you drove ..NOT WHAT A COMPUTER TELLS YOU ..Call me old fashioned .. LOL
But it actually tells you how much Money comes out of your Wallet..:cool:

grandriver125 11-11-2013 07:11 AM

On our 2012 T&C I find the computer reports a bit over 1 mpg higher than I get the old fashioned way (and the accurate way when averaged over many tanks which really reduces the impact of fill variances).

jerryjjansen 11-11-2013 09:20 AM

I also use fuelly but calculate by hand as the Jeep meter usually shows 1-2 mpg higher. As you can tell from my fuelly signature my 5.7 Hemi is averaging 18+ mpg with five + months since my purchase.

moparmania 11-11-2013 10:12 AM

:) I actually have a 2005 Rumble bee that has a 6,1 in it now and it actually gets better mileage than the 5.7 did..Go figure?:)

medicone 11-19-2013 11:43 AM

Just picked up the 2014 Cherokee Latitude AWD 4cy on Saturday.

So far it is averaging 30.9 mpg highway @ around 70mph and 25 mpg city (NYC).

Very pleased with the vehicle. Had a 1998 Cherokee Sport and a 2004 Mountaineer.

Just trying to figure out how to add a OEM trailer hitch and tow hooks to this new one.

-M1

lovebohn 11-19-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by medicone (Post 932632)
Just picked up the 2014 Cherokee Latitude AWD 4cy on Saturday.

So far it is averaging 30.9 mpg highway @ around 70mph and 25 mpg city (NYC).

Very pleased with the vehicle. Had a 1998 Cherokee Sport and a 2004 Mountaineer.

Just trying to figure out how to add a OEM trailer hitch and tow hooks to this new one.

-M1

Please post to Fuelly I would like to see how the 4 vs. 6 cylinder reports in real world driving. Don't use the MPG reading since I had the same luck with my GC and Town and Country they always read a few more MPG than you actually get when computing it by hand.

WK2 Rover 01-01-2014 10:17 PM

We just took a 1700-mile road trip from San Francisco to Phoenix, and back. My wife's Cherokee is a Trailhawk with the V6, so the sticker MPGs are 18 City, 25 Highway, and 20 Combined.

We did a lot of high-speed (faster than the posted 65/70/75 MPH) freeway driving, mountain passes, some two-lane country roads, and a little bit of suburban boulevards. I was disappointed with the 23 MPG average, but that is consistent with the sticker. I just expect better highway MPG from a V6 with 4 overdrive gears. On another thread I did mention the car shifted into 9th a few times (1600 RPMs at 80 MPH).

In all other aspects the vehicle was great on the trip! The ride was quiet (even with AT tires), smooth, comfortable, and the electronic gadgets got exercised. In Sport mode the V6 had plenty of power for climbing hills. We even got to do some four-wheeling in sand. My wife's Cherokee is almost as awesome as my Grand Cherokee Overland!!

barnettdlb 01-04-2014 03:41 PM

[QUOTE=WK2 Rover;953255]We just took a 1700-mile road trip from San Francisco to Phoenix, and back. My wife's Cherokee is a Trailhawk with the V6, so the sticker MPGs are 18 City, 25 Highway, and 20 Combined.

We did a lot of high-speed (faster than the posted 65/70/75 MPH) freeway driving, mountain passes, some two-lane country roads, and a little bit of suburban boulevards.

I bet if you drove it 70 mph on a flat highway you'd get 25 mpg. My wifes 2011 GC gets the sticker rated 23 mpg when we drive it 70 mph (I have done that a few times to "cruise"). We usually average 21 because we drive faster than the speed limit or have a cargo box on top.

The other way to look at your combined 23 for the TH is that there is no other 4x4 with that much capability out there that gets near that mpg average... even downhill with a tailwind.

grandriver125 01-04-2014 06:11 PM

Just drove our Limited 3.2V6 Active Drive II 618 miles today. It was about 15 deg F when we left and crossed the border. Down I-75 to Chattanooga.

First fill was meaningless but it was 18.3 mpg.

Second - first full under measured conditions was 21.9 and trip computer said 22.5.

Temperature rising for next leg - 24.04 MPG and trip computer showed 24.5

From west Knoxville to our hotel was about 75 miles and trip computer showed 25.3 when we arrived.

Speed during the day was all over the map depending on traffic. Up to 80 a couple of times but not intended. First leg was very annoying as it seemed to live in 7th gear. I guess it might be learning - second leg had 8th gear much of the time. When I checked the gear on a downhill stretch at 74 mph it was in 9th.

9th looks to be a wasted gear.

Made good use of the Lane Sense application and we really like it - wish our motorhome had this feature as it would be much easier to make sure the MH is in the centre of the lane.

Used the crash avoidance by accident so to speak. At the north end of Knoxville a couple of police cruisers went flying by so we were watching them and as we were exiting to the 640 bypass the traffics backed up quickly. The warning came on and I hammered the brakes to stop before it could take over. Looks to be a very useful feature.

Dear Wife had the manual out and we explored the features after sunrise - lot more to find yet. We concluded that the GPS is head and shoulders over the 730N in our 2012 Town & Country. We now think we can probably leave our portable Garmin behind - except I love to have both screens working. I also have a 930 TomTom and in the past we've occasionally had 3 GPS units on the go at the same time. Almost have them shouting at each other.

If the fuel consumption at 70 can come in at 26 or 27 I'll be reasonably happy. Our T&C has been as high as 29 on the highway (FWD) at a fairly constant 70 mph.

Our first full tank today was not great but I think the wind and temperature played a part in that performance.

Will do 610 miles tomorrow and hopefully it will keep improving.

None of our other recent AWD or 4WD vehicles did exceptionally well on fuel (only the Tahoe came in around 20 mpg at best). Equinox, Colorado, Escape and Flex were only around 25-26 on the highway most of the time - but then they didn't have a drive shaft disconnect for the rear wheels to reduce drive line drag like the Cherokee.

Q Tech 01-04-2014 08:28 PM

A 2000 mile average mostly city, some highway and some off road, lots of idling (first tank stuff), no real effort to be conservative whatsoever

20.5mpg