Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Lease Rates on 2014 JGC's (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/lease-rates-on-2014-jgcs-67845.html)

_Bryan_ 11-11-2013 07:40 PM

Lease Rates on 2014 JGC's

Hi All,

Just curious if anyone has a good site/resource for determining current residual values/money factors from Chrysler's financial arm. I'm talking to 3 different dealers about leasing a new vehicle I'd like to build and getting wildly different quotes on Residual/MF even from the same dealership on different days, depending on who I talk with.

The residuals are ranging from 47% -> 53%, and the money factors are ranging from .00013 to .00088, all for 10k miles / year. When I've previously purchased a vehicle, I've always been able to find forums with more info about the monthly changes in the leasing numbers, but for some reason I can't find that with Chrysler. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Right now I'm wavering between two builds (no-option Summit vs. a couple options on an Overland), mostly because I can't lock down what my monthly payment will be on each. It seems to fluctuate as much as up to $150/mo, with no change to the vehicle build from one day to the next.

Appreciate any input!

longisland 11-11-2013 08:23 PM

Re: Lease Rates on 2014 JGC's

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Bryan_ (Post 928612)
Hi All,

Just curious if anyone has a good site/resource for determining current residual values/money factors from Chrysler's financial arm. I'm talking to 3 different dealers about leasing a new vehicle I'd like to build and getting wildly different quotes on Residual/MF even from the same dealership on different days, depending on who I talk with.

The residuals are ranging from 47% -> 53%, and the money factors are ranging from .00013 to .00088, all for 10k miles / year. When I've previously purchased a vehicle, I've always been able to find forums with more info about the monthly changes in the leasing numbers, but for some reason I can't find that with Chrysler. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Right now I'm wavering between two builds (no-option Summit vs. a couple options on an Overland), mostly because I can't lock down what my monthly payment will be on each. It seems to fluctuate as much as up to $150/mo, with no change to the vehicle build from one day to the next.

Appreciate any input!

I think you would be able to find that info on Edmunds. I am actively looking into a lease on a Overland myself. I have been to every dealer near me (N.Y.)and called dealerships all around searching for a good deal. This is where I am at just in case this helps you.
2014 Overland V8, advanced tech package, 36 month, 15k miles a year, total out of pocket which includes 1st month and a few fees , slight cap cost reduction is about $1200. I am looking at $682 a month. I believe the MSRP is about 52K. I still feel this is a bit high but I cannot seem to do much better. I still have not signed though.

_Bryan_ 11-11-2013 10:09 PM

Thanks Longisland.

You're right, the guys over at Edmunds.com are quick! I don't know how I'd missed that. For anyone else curious, here are the numbers they gave me for November:
Quote:

Originally Posted by kyfdx@edmunds
2014 JGC Overland 4X4 36mo, 10K/yr lease
.00013 MF and 50% residual

Summit
.00024 MF and 48% residual

Browsing through the thread back to Oct/Sept, it looks like the Summit MF nearly doubled! It was .00013 last month. That seems crazy to me that it'd change so much.

jeepoverlander 11-14-2013 10:48 AM

I got mine back in 4/2013. It is a v8 overland with adv tech package in black. Loving it right now have 8900 miles on it. Got it for 36 months with 15k per year. 1000$ down and 599 per month. Hope that helps

longisland 11-14-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepoverlander (Post 930312)
I got mine back in 4/2013. It is a v8 overland with adv tech package in black. Loving it right now have 8900 miles on it. Got it for 36 months with 15k per year. 1000$ down and 599 per month. Hope that helps

Thanks for the input. I am seriously torn right now with this lease. My last 5 cars have been mainly European cars/Suvís, Audi, Bmw, Land/Range Rover and I certainly paid a high premium for these. I am just having a tough time swallowing a 680 a month payment for the jeep. I know this is a different era of the grand cherokee and the prices obviously reflect that. I guess going into the search for the grand cherokkee i thought I would be at a lower price point. Certainly not saying the truck is not worth it, I believe its a beautiful looking vehicle and I know it allows me to get a lot more adventurous with its capabilities. I guess I am just being indecisive for some reason.

EJG5 11-14-2013 01:08 PM

Just picked up my '14 Jeep GC Overland 4x4 5.7L about two weeks ago. My lease structure was as follows.

36months, 15K miles/year
$3K down
$567/month

Hope this helps with your decision.

-Eric