Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   0-60 time (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/0-60-time-67903.html)

ZZVitas 11-13-2013 10:28 AM

0-60 time

So I took a buddy for a ride last night and pulled my best 0-60 time yet. Only mod, if you can call is that is a K and N drop in filter. Also, this was done on blizzak snow tires. 0-60 4.0

I know guys like Scott are pulling sub 4.0 times, but running a stock jeep, I thought that was a pretty decent time.

I really want to pull the trigger on the Bwoody CAI, but live in Mass and with the winters, slush, puddles and everything else a New England winter can throw our way I am concerned about how low the filter sits as well as the fact that it is right behind the air duct in the bumper. Dose anyone have thoughts on this or anyone living in a true four season climate run the bwoody CAI?

Thanks
Z

14StormTrooper 11-13-2013 11:41 AM

I have a bwoody and for the first time I was nervous about what was going to happen. I was driving back to Texas from Wisconsin 2 weekends ago and I had to go through a monsoon of a rain storm. We couldn't see 5 feet in front of the truck and it was flooding terribly. If there was ever going to be a chance of sucking up water that was the time it would have. Glad to say I had zero issues. I think you will be fine.

ZZVitas 11-13-2013 12:41 PM

Re: 0-60 time

Quote:

Originally Posted by tchrist30 (Post 929770)
I have a bwoody and for the first time I was nervous about what was going to happen. I was driving back to Texas from Wisconsin 2 weekends ago and I had to go through a monsoon of a rain storm. We couldn't see 5 feet in front of the truck and it was flooding terribly. If there was ever going to be a chance of sucking up water that was the time it would have. Glad to say I had zero issues. I think you will be fine.

Thanks for the info. Do you have a dry charge on the filter?

14StormTrooper 11-13-2013 12:51 PM

Yes I do!

Artofnoize 11-14-2013 03:06 AM

Spring for the dry charger.

Scottina06 11-14-2013 06:50 AM

The drycharger should be standard with the bwoody

jbjones85 11-14-2013 07:23 AM

I'm Also thinking about a bwoody still trying to decide if I want to do the washer relocation or not.

Scottina06 11-14-2013 08:09 AM

The washer relocation is easy. Just follow the directions

EviL 11-14-2013 08:27 AM

i have it on, and since a year now ive been exposed to the worst climate changes in my region

and i have the dry charger on, cleaned it a couple of days ago and the car can breath :D

pull the trigger

A-kon 11-15-2013 10:57 AM

I've also been through a monsoon on my way from Houston to Wimberley without a dry charger and I had no problems.

I would have had a dry charger but Bwoody forgot to ship it, my install guy already had everything apart when he realized it wasn't in the box. They next day aired it to me but I still haven't gotten around to installing it.

Just be smart and you will be fine. The filter needs to be submerged for there to be trouble.

jbjones85 11-15-2013 11:18 AM

Ok you guys convinced me. I'll get myself one for the holidays. Haha

jim383 11-18-2013 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZZVitas (Post 929750)
So I took a buddy for a ride last night and pulled my best 0-60 time yet. Only mod, if you can call is that is a K and N drop in filter. Also, this was done on blizzak snow tires. 0-60 4.0

I know guys like Scott are pulling sub 4.0 times, but running a stock jeep, I thought that was a pretty decent time.

I really want to pull the trigger on the Bwoody CAI, but live in Mass and with the winters, slush, puddles and everything else a New England winter can throw our way I am concerned about how low the filter sits as well as the fact that it is right behind the air duct in the bumper. Dose anyone have thoughts on this or anyone living in a true four season climate run the bwoody CAI?

Thanks
Z

Z dont worry in the late spring and summer evey1 times with face reality when the temps come up and the DA is up into the 1500 to 2500 range. My 0/60 times on the street in DD WT seem to stay around .2 slower that at the track in race wt. Next time you do a 0/60 run pull out the stock aircleaner you will LOWER your ET. My problem is here in so ca at 3am i cant even get -DA as were to close to the ocean and the humidity is at 96% as i speek lol. The 14 really have the advantage in the 0/60 runs with there real short 1st gear.