Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2014+ Cherokee-KL (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/)
-   -   Scheduled ship date (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/scheduled-ship-date-67905.html)

TrailHawkeye 11-13-2013 11:12 AM

Scheduled ship date

I just heard from my dealer and he mentioned that my Trailhawk has a scheduled ship date of 11/26. He did mention that I shouldn't hold my breath on that date, but it should arrive well before Christmas.

For anyone else who has ordered a new Cherokee, how close are these stated ship dates to the actual dates that you've seen?

Needless to say, I'm pretty excited to see the date as close as it is, but I want to set my expectations realistically.

hudsonhawk 11-13-2013 11:23 AM

Re: Scheduled ship date

They missed my initial delivery date by 3 weeks. That really depends on if they have cleared the log jam of Cherokees yet.

TrailHawkeye 11-13-2013 11:30 AM

Well I guess the wait continues then... evidently waiting for a Trailhawk is an exercise in building patience.

A local dealer final got one in last night, so I got to drive by and check out a red Trailhawk. I must say, seeing it in person confirms that I made the right choice!

macfan 11-13-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrailHawkeye (Post 929760)
I just heard from my dealer and he mentioned that my Trailhawk has a scheduled ship date of 11/26. He did mention that I shouldn't hold my breath on that date, but it should arrive well before Christmas.

For anyone else who has ordered a new Cherokee, how close are these stated ship dates to the actual dates that you've seen?

Needless to say, I'm pretty excited to see the date as close as it is, but I want to set my expectations realistically.

Estimated ship date: 11/4

Actual build date: 11/7

Arrived at dealer: 11/12

TrailHawkeye 11-13-2013 12:23 PM

Thanks Macfan. That's pretty reasonable in my mind.

I placed the order on 10/31, and I got a VIN on 11/4. So it seems that the process is improving. I just wish VOTS would change to something other than "Production Scheduled."

macfan 11-13-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrailHawkeye (Post 929779)

I placed the order on 10/31, and I got a VIN on 11/4. So it seems that the process is improving. I just wish VOTS would change to something other than "Production Scheduled."

LOL, my dealer is prepping my Cherokee as I write this yet VOTS is showing released but not shipped. VOTS is not the most accurate. Go by either Dealer VIN VIsion or MOTS.

I did sit in D1 for about 3 weeks, production scheduled.

PetetPuma 11-13-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Thanks Macfan. That's pretty reasonable in my mind. I placed the order on 10/31, and I got a VIN on 11/4. So it seems that the process is improving. I just wish VOTS would change to something other than "Production Scheduled."

Trailhawkeye, I went into D1 Status on 10/25. I am still in "production scheduled" - coming up on three weeks.

MOTS shows an estimated delivery date as 11/25, but I think due to the storage/shipping delays that will end up being pushed back some (I hope not).

I got a reply from a Jeep rep yesterday, they state that it is ready to build and that should start soon but they cannot give me a date of when or how long it will take to get all the way through the process.

Just waiting to see...

PetetPuma 11-13-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hudsonhawk (Post 929764)
They missed my initial delivery date by 3 weeks. That really depends on if they have cleared the log jam of Cherokees yet.

Hudson,

How does it look and drive?

hudsonhawk 11-13-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PetetPuma (Post 929794)
Hudson,

How does it look and drive?

It looks great. I have not driven it yet. It is supposed to be ready for pickup after work today. They were litterally unloading it from the truck last night when I went to test drive a 3.2 the dealer just recevied.

The one I did drive had more than enough power and drove very well. But I was in it only about 10 miutes.

hudsonhawk 11-13-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Keep in mind that Macfan is within spitting distance of the factory. I don't know where you are located so your shipping time could be much longer.

TrailHawkeye 11-13-2013 02:12 PM

Good point hudsonhawk... Fortunately I'm closer to Toledo than Macfan is. I live just south of Ann Arbor, so it's only about an hour from where they're being built at.

I'd love to just swing down and pick it up myself.

Does anyone have a link to the MOTS site?

hudsonhawk 11-13-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrailHawkeye (Post 929826)
Good point hudsonhawk... Fortunately I'm closer to Toledo than Macfan is. I live just south of Ann Arbor, so it's only about an hour from where they're being built at.

I'd love to just swing down and pick it up myself.

Does anyone have a link to the MOTS site?

Your on it. It is a service provided by members to level 3 or higher premium members.