Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   touch up paint (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/touch-up-paint-67909.html)

pensfan414 11-13-2013 01:38 PM

touch up paint
 
anybody found granite touch up paint for the 2014GC yet?

BobsWK2 11-13-2013 08:55 PM

Re: touch up paint
 
Dealer can get you the paint.

Copefree 11-14-2013 12:39 AM

Re: touch up paint
 
Yea. I bought some from my local dealership about a week after I drove my '14 granite Overland home. This was back in April so it's been available for a while (not to mention other dodge/ram vehicles use it as well).

pensfan414 11-14-2013 12:19 PM

Thanks. Now anyone have a good link as to how to properly apply it?

WK2OverlandII 11-14-2013 01:50 PM

Re: touch up paint
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pensfan414 (Post 929816)
anybody found granite touch up paint for the 2014GC yet?

Pau Granite Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM Fiat Touch Up Paint Mopar Pen Brush | eBay

lstowell 11-14-2013 02:01 PM

Re: touch up paint
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Copefree (Post 930136)
Yea. I bought some from my local dealership about a week after I drove my '14 granite Overland home. This was back in April so it's been available for a while (not to mention other dodge/ram vehicles use it as well).

Is that a Mopar part, or is it just an aftermarket touchup from PPG or similar?

lstowell 11-14-2013 02:03 PM

Re: touch up paint
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pensfan414 (Post 930352)
Thanks. Now anyone have a good link as to how to properly apply it?

Carefully, very carefully. I'd probably chicken out and ask the dealer folks for a good detailer recommend in the area rather than botch it up myself.

digitaldiscrete 11-14-2013 09:47 PM

Re: touch up paint
 
Depending on how much patience you have, this video does a good job at showing how a pro applies touch up paint. Paint Chip Touch-up -- /DRIVE CLEAN - YouTube

JeeperJohn 11-15-2013 09:48 AM

Re: touch up paint
 
I used the dr color chip product on my 14 Summit and it worked perfectly. Fix is undetectable, impossible to screw up.

lstowell 11-15-2013 10:15 AM

Re: touch up paint
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JeeperJohn (Post 930702)
I used the dr color chip product on my 14 Summit and it worked perfectly. Fix is undetectable, impossible to screw up.

What color is your rig? A metallic or a flat color?


BTW, don't claim impossible--never underestimate the creativity of some of us to screw up the most simple tasks.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community