Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Maxcare Service Contract? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/maxcare-service-contract-67921.html)

jrein 11-13-2013 06:59 PM

Maxcare Service Contract?

For those of you who have Maxcare Service Contracts: how have they worked out for you?

Jim_in_PA 11-13-2013 08:49 PM

Re: Maxcare Service Contract?

It's working just fine...no claims to-date. :D

Seriously, it's pretty much for peace of mind...and that loaner car benefit should I need work done. There is way too much technology in this ride that can enjoy the wrath of our friend Murphy and I felt the investment was worth it given the number of miles I'm piling up and the length of time I expect to keep this vehicle.

torifile 11-15-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrein (Post 929948)
For those of you who have Maxcare Service Contracts: how have they worked out for you?

I had to take my Jeep in for some software recalls and my first oil change/tire rotation. I got a rental for free. Had I not had the MaxCare, I would have had to coordinate with my wife for a ride or pay out of pocket for a rental (or wait all day for the truck). None of those were attractive options, so I really appreciated the rental. Other than that, nothing's come up, so. :)

lstowell 11-15-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrein (Post 929948)

Got it.
Too many electronic gizmos that can release the magic smoke and fail to work
any more.

Plus, if I need to leave it for software updates, I get a free rental, one day of which I've already taken advantage of.

I actually hope, from a purely objective sense I wasted my money, in that I hope I don't need to use it much. Kinda like car insurance when I've never crumpled a bumper in my life.

jerryw1000 11-15-2013 07:58 PM

Got an '11 and a '14. I put Max Care Lifetime on both. Both are still under the 3/36 so I have not used the Max Care yet but I love the cars and intend to keep them for a long time. With all of the electornic modules and uConnect stuff, I just feel better having the service contract. Especially on the '11 with the head problems some have had.

silvermax04 11-15-2013 08:07 PM

4 free rentals so far and only had the jeep six months so glad I bought it so far. I keep cars a long time so I have no doubt it will more than pay for itself, lots of expensive crap to break on these things. a busted uconnect or quadra lift issue and you have likely almost paid the 2k for the maxcare. I typically never buy extended warranties but I bought this one.

Jeepster910 11-15-2013 08:42 PM

Never had an extended warranty in my life on a car, including the last 3 trouble free jeeps.
But that will change with this 2014 Cherokee limited with tech group, luxury group and Nav. Just to much electronics on this jeep to worry about let alone the drive system. A total new model to boot.
Max care lifetime for me also for peace of mind.
Any idea of what Max care life is going for in this market.
Now 3 items to negotiate over.
Thanks

silvermax04 11-15-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeepster910 (Post 931000)
Never had an extended warranty in my life on a car, including the last 3 trouble free jeeps.
But that will change with this 2014 Cherokee limited with tech group, luxury group and Nav. Just to much electronics on this jeep to worry about let alone the drive system. A total new model to boot.
Max care lifetime for me also for peace of mind.
Any idea of what Max care life is going for in this market.
Now 3 items to negotiate over.
Thanks

I got mine from the dealer for $2100 if you could push em down to $2000 id say you did good.

Jarueda13 11-15-2013 10:02 PM

Ok I got mine for 2200 and it's been great but I don't recall the free rental, mine is called Chrysler unlimited term, is that the same as max care? I need to find some more info.

silvermax04 11-15-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarueda13 (Post 931036)
Ok I got mine for 2200 and it's been great but I don't recall the free rental, mine is called Chrysler unlimited term, is that the same as max care? I need to find some more info.

Its called Lifetime Maximum Care. hmm sounds like you may have gotten some 3rd party warranty instead of the factory.

cdgatx 11-18-2013 01:34 PM

Can you purchase it after you buy? Thank you.

jacko15 11-18-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdgatx (Post 932144)
Can you purchase it after you buy? Thank you.

Yes.