Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Export Grand Cherokee 2011+ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/)
-   -   E-tag placement (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/e-tag-placement-68016.html)

bgmills 11-16-2013 06:20 PM

E-tag placement

Just wondering where you guys have placed your e-tags in your Jeep Grand Cherokee's and whether you've had issues with it interfering with the camera for the auto high beams in the back of the rear view mirror.

I normally like to install high up behind the rear view camera but just concerned it might interfere with the light sensor.

Mendo 11-16-2013 07:01 PM

Re: E-tag placement

1 Attachment(s)
No problems with it here. It is above the mirror and you can see the "camera" hole un obstructed. This is a Laredo. Not sure if any more bling on overland would be affected.

Roachy 11-17-2013 02:22 AM

I just put mine on the top passengers side corner. Works fine.

Jjhohan 11-17-2013 08:08 AM

I put mine same place as Mendo... I cant see it from the Drivers seat at all

DCRSRT 11-19-2013 03:04 AM

Glad this thread was brought up, reminds me to get the tag out of my old car before I sell it.

SJandL 11-19-2013 04:49 AM

Stashed in the same compartment that holds the USB/SD card connection.

On approach, reach down - pop the lid - remove E-Tag - hold up for beeping and then re-stash.

If that fails, then log on when invoice arrives from Roam demanding payment and pay bill.

Works for us.

I really don't like random stuff attached to the window screen of my Jeep. So messy :D

Blakey 11-19-2013 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mendo (Post 931389)
No problems with it here. It is above the mirror and you can see the "camera" hole un obstructed. This is a Laredo. Not sure if any more bling on overland would be affected.

Same location as mine - SRT and doesn't have any effect on gadgets.

SNUKE 11-19-2013 06:23 AM

[QUOTE=SJandL;932491If that fails, then log on when invoice arrives from Roam demanding payment and pay bill.[/QUOTE]

If you put your rego against the tag, then you wont get the demanding bill, it just costs more than a proper beep trip.

Hellipilot 11-24-2013 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SJandL (Post 932491)
Stashed in the same compartment that holds the USB/SD card connection.

On approach, reach down - pop the lid - remove E-Tag - hold up for beeping and then re-stash.

If that fails, then log on when invoice arrives from Roam demanding payment and pay bill.

Works for us.

I really don't like random stuff attached to the window screen of my Jeep. So messy :D

I use this idea.^^^^^^^
Hassle to put my tag on as my tag is used for 3 other cars as well.

Mendo 11-24-2013 06:00 AM

No meddling kids??? Nothing is sacred if it's not tied down or fixed to something in our car, or house for that matter.

Matty470 11-25-2013 03:23 AM

My tag is pretty much in the same spot as above.
Luckily I don't have to swap it from car to car. we can just order additional tags for additional vehicles on the one account.
No cost either..

I have also fitted a car camera to my Overland, just below the mirror housing, and this placement doesn't affect any of the cameras or sensors either.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a10...F6034A5FD1.jpg

Hellipilot 11-25-2013 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mendo (Post 935179)
No meddling kids??? Nothing is sacred if it's not tied down or fixed to something in our car, or house for that matter.

Not unless mine grow extra long arms to reach from the back seat to the storage bin the E-tag is in.
But yes, no doubt ours will want to meddle if they get a chance to.