Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

EZ Pass Mounting

13K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  Gtaz19 
#1 ·
How are those of you with rain sensing wipers mounting your EZ Pass? Rain Sensing unit takes up the hidden space. Was thinking of front license plate mounting, but EZ Pass site states that is limited to only certain vehicles with metallic glass.

#6 · (Edited)
Your D looks great!

I was wondering the same thing about the ez-pass. I'm thinking I'm going to mount it toward the passenger side of the windshield. I think it will still mostly be hidden from the driver view.

I used to have a license plate mounted sensor on the minivan (because it had metal in the glass)....the problem with that is, not all states recognize it. (In other words, it won't always be read). Within NJ you're generally fine, but I have had cases out of state (even in NY) where the license plate mount was not read.

Just purchased one of these, so I can experiment with placement. It's possible that I might only mount it on the windshield when I need to use it, and take it down when I don't.

#7 ·
Thanks Joey. I never heard about the front mounted one not reading in all states, thats great to know. I like the clip idea, even if you use it to help decide a location. I to was thinking of passenger side blocked by review mirror, but it jumps right out to the passenger. I just tried tucking it up next to rearview mirror as hi as it would go. You can only see it ever so slightly, but am concerned that it is blocked by the tint to much and will not be read. The Uconnect should be able to pay tolls :).

#8 · (Edited)
...I like the clip idea, even if you use it to help decide a location.
Yeah...that's the plan. It may end up that no location really works, in which case I'll just take it down until I need it.

...The Uconnect should be able to pay tolls :).
:thumbsup:

Here's a link to Indiana's EZ-Pass installation instructions. Similar instructions from NJ say to get a license plate mount for the vehicles listed with the "solar windshields." (Like my Montana). Indiana is an example of a state that doesn't support license plate transponders.

Some tolls and bridges in particular have gates that come down, and I've gotten stuck at one or two (even in NY State) because it didn't read my license plate transponder.

#11 ·
I put mine right next to the bulk on the passengers side. I've had no issues from from any toll, and it doesn't get in my way of viewing, in fact, I can barley see it from the drivers side.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.