Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   What's on your WK2's Christmas list? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/whats-on-your-wk2s-christmas-list-68022.html)

acilate 11-16-2013 09:25 PM

What's on your WK2's Christmas list?
 
I've got a whole kit built out on Amazon for the various things my GC really wants for christmas, from rock rails to emergency kits, cleaning supplies to off-road necessities. Here's my GC's short list:

Emergency kit
Collapsable shovel
2-way radio
air compressor
mag light
fire extinguisher
SD Card
D-Ring hitch
Recovery strap
Seat cover for pets
rock rails

TurboRush 11-16-2013 10:16 PM

I'd love some cross bars for the roof rack so I could put the Thule cargo box up on top of the jeep

wasupdu 11-16-2013 10:55 PM

Re: What's on your WK2's Christmas list?
 
My '14 Summit should hopefully be arriving on Monday. I don't have my eye on any specific parts/mods yet, but I'm sure the list will begin soon. Other than wheels and maybe upgrading some lighting I should be good for the time being.

Jim_in_PA 11-17-2013 09:34 AM

Re: What's on your WK2's Christmas list?
 
I think that my JGC would like a recovery hook for the rear hitch receiver just so there is a safe way to pull other folks out of trouble. Otherwise, I have just about everything needed already in it somewhere.

mfa81 11-18-2013 09:42 AM

getting skid plates + snow tires for my summit real soon!

I'd love a nice looking way to have front hooks, not that I will ever use though :-)

Chunderboy 11-18-2013 11:29 AM

Re: What's on your WK2's Christmas list?
 
ATC
Roof Rails
Tint
Possible leather seats
All weather mats.

chad holdridge 11-18-2013 07:14 PM

Srt8 reps
275/55/20 Cooper Zeon LTZs
RRO leveling kit
Mopar/Jeep rear hitch
Sharkfin
Volt HID kit
Mopar cargo area mat

whartung 11-18-2013 07:49 PM

Re: What's on your WK2's Christmas list?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by acilate (Post 931448)
I've got a whole kit built out on Amazon for the various things my GC really wants for christmas, from rock rails to emergency kits, cleaning supplies to off-road necessities. Here's my GC's short list:

Emergency kit
Collapsable shovel
2-way radio
air compressor
mag light
fire extinguisher
SD Card
D-Ring hitch
Recovery strap
Seat cover for pets
rock rails

That's a similar list to what I have in mind. I don't need a seat cover for the pets, the cats don't care much for travel.

I have a handheld CB for a radio, it works great for small caravans.

Are the any other rock rails besides RRO and Mopar? RRO seem nice, but they're too short (they seem too short, dunno if they're too short in practice). Others have unspecified complaints about them.

As for the Mopar rails, I don't want any kind of extension out like they have, I don't need a running board. Just something along the bottom. Don't understand why they're such a bear to install for a factory accessory, the RRO ones apparently bolt in readily (there's a couple of holes to drill, and would work better if tapped).

What do you plan to carry all of your stuff in? Do you have a box picked out?

JeepGCOverland 11-18-2013 08:16 PM

Re: What's on your WK2's Christmas list?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by whartung (Post 932317)
That's a similar list to what I have in mind. I don't need a seat cover for the pets, the cats don't care much for travel.

I have a handheld CB for a radio, it works great for small caravans.

Are the any other rock rails besides RRO and Mopar? RRO seem nice, but they're too short (they seem too short, dunno if they're too short in practice). Others have unspecified complaints about them.

As for the Mopar rails, I don't want any kind of extension out like they have, I don't need a running board. Just something along the bottom. Don't understand why they're such a bear to install for a factory accessory, the RRO ones apparently bolt in readily (there's a couple of holes to drill, and would work better if tapped).

What do you plan to carry all of your stuff in? Do you have a box picked out?

The Mopar Trailhawk rails just go along the bottom. I like those better in terms of looks, but the step on mine help my 8 year-old get in easier and protect me from door dings.

Here is the part number: 82213525

AAAA 11-19-2013 08:30 AM

Re: What's on your WK2's Christmas list?
 
I want 20,000 more trouble free miles. (Current trouble free mileage is 41,000).

whartung 11-19-2013 12:51 PM

Re: What's on your WK2's Christmas list?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepGCOverland (Post 932326)
The Mopar Trailhawk rails just go along the bottom. I like those better in terms of looks, but the step on mine help my 8 year-old get in easier and protect me from door dings.

Here is the part number: 82213525

Oh those look perfect. Are they a bear to install also?

I appreciate the extensions, but I don't want to make the Jeep any more difficult for my wife to get in and out of by having to step outside of them, or sort of on them (since they're not REALLY a running board). Or worse, slip off of them in the wet.

mswlogo 11-19-2013 01:42 PM

Re: What's on your WK2's Christmas list?
 
My only Christmas Wish is continued health of my Jeep ;)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community