Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Infinity Speaker Upgrade on Stock Alpine System (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/infinity-speaker-upgrade-on-stock-alpine-system-68031.html)

exlr8 11-17-2013 02:30 AM

Infinity Speaker Upgrade on Stock Alpine System
 
I'm looking at replacing most of the stock speakers with these Infinity speakers below.

Front Doors
Infinity REF-6500cx
http://infinitysystems.com/product-d...ef-6500cx.html

Front Centre/Dash
Infinity REF-3002cfx
http://infinitysystems.com/product-d...f-3002cfx.html

Rear Doors
Infinity REF-6502ix
http://infinitysystems.com/product-d...ef-6502ix.html

I do not want to spend any more than that on the system with the exception of some sound deadening.

Let me know your thoughts....

MoparBob 08-13-2014 11:16 AM

Re: Infinity Speaker Upgrade on Stock Alpine System
 
So did you install these speakers by chance?

1stJeepGC 08-15-2014 05:59 AM

Re: Infinity Speaker Upgrade on Stock Alpine System
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MoparBob (Post 1066553)
So did you install these speakers by chance?

Greetings,

The OP went with the HAT speakers as described in his signature under car audio.

Best for now.:)

Hawk57 11-04-2014 06:35 PM

Re: Infinity Speaker Upgrade on Stock Alpine System
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by exlr8 (Post 931526)
I'm looking at replacing most of the stock speakers with these Infinity speakers below.

Front Doors
Infinity REF-6500cx
Infinity - Home, Car & Marine Audio

Front Centre/Dash
Infinity REF-3002cfx
Infinity - Home, Car & Marine Audio

Rear Doors
Infinity REF-6502ix
Infinity - Home, Car & Marine Audio

I do not want to spend any more than that on the system with the exception of some sound deadening.

Let me know your thoughts....


Came upon your Post and wanted to see if you completed the install. If so how do the speakers sound and if I may ask, what did it cost you? I have come across a few Postings for Stereo Upgrades and yet to find one that was inexpensive to purchase and was over the top in results.

I 2nd guess not buying the Summit for Sound but really like the balls out look of the Overland.

Anyone else want to chime in on upgrades on a budget please do so.

Thanks

kkreit01 11-05-2014 10:32 AM

Re: Infinity Speaker Upgrade on Stock Alpine System
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk57 (Post 1110866)
... I have come across a few Postings for Stereo Upgrades and yet to find one that was inexpensive to purchase and was over the top in results.

Such an upgrade does not exist with the Alpine systems. Also, have you actually heard any of the results? Those with the Focal upgrades seem to be quite happy, and they are not that expensive. A $75 pair of coaxials are not going to make a significant difference in anything. I've played with the Alpine system a lot. If you want over-the-top results, you have to have an overly-stuffed wallet. If you want a decent upgrade, try the Focal Integration, or pick another comparable option (and post your results).

Hawk57 11-05-2014 05:16 PM

Re: Infinity Speaker Upgrade on Stock Alpine System
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kkreit01 (Post 1111156)
Such an upgrade does not exist with the Alpine systems. Also, have you actually heard any of the results? Those with the Focal upgrades seem to be quite happy, and they are not that expensive. A $75 pair of coaxials are not going to make a significant difference in anything. I've played with the Alpine system a lot. If you want over-the-top results, you have to have an overly-stuffed wallet. If you want a decent upgrade, try the Focal Integration, or pick another comparable option (and post your results).


Thanks for the feedback. Inquiring how much would the Focal Integration system run? On a scale of 1 -10, how much of an improvement do you believe that provides?

Thanks for your insight!

subbie09 11-05-2014 08:14 PM

Re: Infinity Speaker Upgrade on Stock Alpine System
 
I spent about 2500 on my entire upgrade. Lol. But it was well worth it. Love my audio.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

kkreit01 11-05-2014 09:22 PM

Re: Infinity Speaker Upgrade on Stock Alpine System
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk57 (Post 1111293)
Thanks for the feedback. Inquiring how much would the Focal Integration system run? On a scale of 1 -10, how much of an improvement do you believe that provides?

Thanks for your insight!

I'd ask the OP in that thread. He also has all prices listed. You could get by with just changing the front speakers for ~$300. The rears wouldn't be necessary until later (or never).

1stJeepGC 11-05-2014 10:32 PM

Re: Infinity Speaker Upgrade on Stock Alpine System
 
Greetings,

The OP did not go with the Infinity Speakers. He went with Hybrid Audio Technology (HAT). The OP was extremely happy with his upgrade. As indicated in the signature area, the OP went with these: Car Audio: HAT Imagine 6x9 front component speakers - HAT Mirus 6.5 rear coaxial.


Focal makes excellent speakers as well as amplifiers. Their mid bass, midrange tweeters vary in different levels. The main difference is all of the Focal tweeter levels except for the Hi End Utopia line, uses a metal based tweeter. The result is a bright, harsh and tinny sound. This tweeter is great for hip-hop, today's pop and club scene type of music. The Infinity's and HAT's, just to name a few speakers use a soft dome type of material that creates a more natural sound.

Remember, everybody hears and perceives sound differently. It all depends on the type of music you listen too and how detailed you want it.

Best for now.:)

Hawk57 11-06-2014 02:17 AM

Re: Infinity Speaker Upgrade on Stock Alpine System
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1stJeepGC (Post 1111458)
Greetings,

The OP did not go with the Infinity Speakers. He went with Hybrid Audio Technology (HAT). The OP was extremely happy with his upgrade. As indicated in the signature area, the OP went with these: Car Audio: HAT Imagine 6x9 front component speakers - HAT Mirus 6.5 rear coaxial.


Focal makes excellent speakers as well as amplifiers. Their mid bass, midrange tweeters vary in different levels. The main difference is all of the Focal tweeter levels except for the Hi End Utopia line, uses a metal based tweeter. The result is a bright, harsh and tinny sound. This tweeter is great for hip-hop, today's pop and club scene type of music. The Infinity's and HAT's, just to name a few speakers use a soft dome type of material that creates a more natural sound.


Remember, everybody hears and perceives sound differently. It all depends on the type of music you listen too and how detailed you want it.

Best for now.:)

Thanks for I think the Hat's will suit my taste in the type of music I listen to better.

Hawk57 11-06-2014 02:18 AM

Re: Infinity Speaker Upgrade on Stock Alpine System
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by subbie09 (Post 1111377)
I spent about 2500 on my entire upgrade. Lol. But it was well worth it. Love my audio.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage


That must be an awesome set up! Enjoy it and thanks for replying.

kkreit01 11-06-2014 10:39 AM

Re: Infinity Speaker Upgrade on Stock Alpine System
 
I would definitely pick the HAT Imagine 6x9 over the Focal Integration. Problem is, the HATs retail for $399. I don't see why they are +$100 more than the 6.5s. I'd probably pick the 6.5s. I don't think there would be a $100 difference in sound -- especially if driven of OE HU & amp.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community