Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Can the Heated Seats/Steering Wheel Automatically Come On? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/can-the-heated-seats-steering-wheel-automatically-come-on-68034.html)

deeve 11-17-2013 11:06 AM

Can the Heated Seats/Steering Wheel Automatically Come On?

I have a 2014 GC Limited with LuxII. I know the heated seats and steering wheel can automatically come on with remote start, but is there a setting that will allow them to come on automatically when the vehicle is started?

Thanks!
DAVE

azzolij 11-17-2013 11:10 AM

Re: Can the Heated Seats/Steering Wheel Automatically Come On?

The Auto-Comfort On setting will do that if the temperature is 40 degrees or below.

deeve 11-17-2013 11:16 AM

Thanks, for some reason I thought that was only when the remote start was used. I appreciate it!
DAVE

mswlogo 11-17-2013 11:43 PM

Some people want it to be only on remote start. I want it on both ways.

40 degrees seems about right.

Some folks complain that if you stop and run into a store for minute, buy gas, whatever it will start the cycle again even when the cabin is fully warmed. As long as it's below 40. It needs to be a little smarter about this.

saddleriverjeep 11-26-2013 03:41 PM

The heat comes on even though the item for seats and steering wheel is unchecked in the options.

If a check is placed in the box, it disappears from the box after a few seconds. When the car is restarted, the seats and wheel heat comes on.

Can we get around the 40 degree thing? It drives my wife nuts.

lstowell 11-26-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saddleriverjeep (Post 936489)
The heat comes on even though the item for seats and steering wheel is unchecked in the options.

If a check is placed in the box, it disappears from the box after a few seconds. When the car is restarted, the seats and wheel heat comes on.

Can we get around the 40 degree thing? It drives my wife nuts.

For some reason, the driver wheel and seat come on, but the passenger side does not.
THAT drives my wife nuts, since she is the passenger.

saddleriverjeep 11-27-2013 01:07 PM

In my wife's case, she makes frequent stops and starts and is annoyed when the heat in the seats and wheel comes blasting on. It's a pain to have to turn this feature off every time she starts the car. Does anyone have the answer, or is this a dealer fix?

lstowell 11-27-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saddleriverjeep (Post 936994)
In my wife's case, she makes frequent stops and starts and is annoyed when the heat in the seats and wheel comes blasting on. It's a pain to have to turn this feature off every time she starts the car. Does anyone have the answer, or is this a dealer fix?

Turn the feature off.

saddleriverjeep 11-27-2013 01:35 PM

Evidently, you CAN'T when the temp is 40 degrees or lower!

pfp_az 11-27-2013 05:23 PM

I do not get what is so difficult about this. It would seem really simple. If the heated ___ was on when the vehicle was turned off then turn it on the next time it's started.

cherryredjeep 11-27-2013 06:43 PM

You guys got it so ......My other ride is a 01 ram 2500 cummins and a great truck,but winter time it likes to be pluged in 3-4 hrs plus warmed up 15 plus min. and more if ice or snow.then i don't get any real heat for like 5 miles. Gee i feel like my old man I walked so and so too the school. P.S. And no heated seats.

Briant73 11-29-2013 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saddleriverjeep (Post 936994)

I was told if the checkmark disappears it's possibly a bad module under the passenger seat and may need replaced.