Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

2014 Grand Cherokee - Do Problems Persist and color question

3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  JpVAbuy 
#1 ·
Hey All -

I'm about to pull the trigger on a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V6 Tech Pkg. My question is whether the problems many are having persist in the October / November builds? I know it may be too soon to tell, but I've heard they've been largely resolved. Any thoughts are appreicated.

Also, I just saw maximum steel on the road and was impressed. I was considering graphite, but black is also nice. Any thoughts on color?

Thanks!

#2 ·
Hey All -

I'm about to pull the trigger on a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V6 Tech Pkg. My question is whether the problems many are having persist in the October / November builds? I know it may be too soon to tell, but I've heard they've been largely resolved. Any thoughts are appreicated.

Also, I just saw maximum steel on the road and was impressed. I was considering graphite, but black is also nice. Any thoughts on color?

Thanks!
You never know but I doubt you would have that many problems with a October/November build. as for color I went back and forth with black and granite but settled on black. Granite was very nice but little too much brown in it for me also the black is not flat black its metallic black so has more of charcoal look which is what I was looking for. I got mine a while ago, is a march build a few minor issues that were resolved and all is fine now.
October/November build, black with the hemi and you are all set :) lol

#6 · (Edited)
You are one very rare and lucky person. I wish I was you, we like our Summit very much but we seem to be having one problem after another with it. We bought our in May 2013 and I believe it was a march or april build.
Here's a list of our issues so far: Nav system radio/ mulitiple different problems, Passive entry, Clunk in rearend, N85 recall, paddle shifters loose, TSB for wire harness under the dash, headliner rattle. I quess we are lucky because there are a lot more issues that others are experiencing that we haven't YET. I quess time will tell.
I would look at the Acura MDX or the Mercedes GLK 350 for the same money. The GC seems to have a lot of quality control issues and problems. Again,we really like our Summit just gettiing really burned out going to the dealership every other week with a problem.
Bought a new Kia Optima SX-L Turbo around the same time and not one single issue period. The car has been perfect, maybe Chrysler could take some lessons from the guys at Kia. No disrespect intended either, its just they seem to take a lot of pride in their product quality. This is my third Kia since 2007 and not one has every given me problems. Thought about the Sorrento but its just not fuffy enough for me yet. I wouldn't by aother Ford for ahile either, to many damn rattles in them. Since 2007 I purchased 2 Shelby's, 2 F-150 Platinums, 1 Raptor, 1 Edge, 1 Focus everyone was the top of the line an I had multiple issues with everyone of them. That's why I decided to switch product brands and I'm having even worse luck with my Summit.

#7 ·
2014 summit

Sorry you are having problems--hope they get worked out. Not sure my experience is rare. From people that I have talked to It seems that build dates from July to current are having pretty good results. Guess they got most of the bugs worked out. Good luck with yours-- love mine!!!

#8 ·
My April build Overland has been solid. No regrets whatsoever. :D

#9 ·
Glad to hear there are a couple people out there with their Jeep problems resolved. I'm still going back and forth with clunking in the rear, FM radio static, XM cutting out, and spotted black crystal paint. Nothing has been resolved, but the funny thing is it's the first my dealer has heard of the problem, except from the radio static issue. I was wondering why I've had so many updates to my radio just for static issues and then I found this forum. I guess I don't have it as bad as some of you, but when I buy a 55k vehicle I expect it to be worth that. So far it doesn't own up to it's price and I would love to be rid of it and it's troubles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.