Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Wrangler-JK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f89/)
-   -   Jeep makes World War II edition (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f89/jeep-makes-world-war-ii-edition-68106.html)

Chivvalry 11-19-2013 11:01 AM

Jeep makes World War II edition

"For those nostalgic about the utility vehicle that won World War II, not to mention Korea and Vietnam, Jeep has created a modern tribute to the original Willys.

Being shown this week at the Los Angeles Auto Show, the new 2014 Jeep Wrangler Willys Wheeler Edition takes the vehicle back to its roots. Add your own big white star and the transition is largely complete, even if you don't put an unshaven sourpuss sergeant behind the wheel.

"The new Jeep Wrangler Willys Wheeler Edition is a Jeep purist's dream, delivering a Jeep vehicle that harkens back to the original, classic CJs of the 1940s," said Mike Manley, CEO of Chrysler Group's Jeep brand. "This new Jeep vehicle delivers pure functionality.""

Ten-HUT! Jeep makes World War II edition

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/3056...P014-038WR.jpg
:thumbsup:

barnettdlb 11-27-2013 03:07 PM

Re: Jeep makes World War II edition

I applaud the idea but they need to resurrect a military green color for it as well

dkaparaitis 12-13-2013 05:57 PM

I think it's a pretty cool color. But the old green would be cool.

4jeepdiesel 12-13-2013 06:16 PM

I was surprised and disappointed to NOT see the old military green

JeepGCOverland 12-13-2013 06:22 PM

I can't believe they didn't bring back some type of green for this. Whenever I think of a Willys I think of one in green.

However, I still want one of these. :)

bill_de 12-13-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepGCOverland (Post 944907)
I can't believe they didn't bring back some type of green for this. Whenever I think of a Willys I think of one in green.

However, I still want one of these. :)

Maybe this was the original color, but by the time they made all the war movies the paint had oxidized. :lol:

---

barnettdlb 12-15-2013 09:35 AM

There is always one.

Years ago I saw pics from a guy who bought a JK 2 door, he and is buddies stripped it down and spent upteen amounts of time and money on OD spray paint cans, I think it was rustoleum. It actually looked terrific when he put it back together.

I'd like to see again... that's a willy's tribute.

lstowell 12-16-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chivvalry (Post 932614)
"For those nostalgic about the utility vehicle that won World War II, not to mention Korea and Vietnam, Jeep has created a modern tribute to the original Willys.

Looks reasonably close for a more or less modern vehicle.
I've got an old 1950s Willys color brochure in PDF if there were a
suitable place of honor for it to be available on the forum.
Is from the announcement of the whopping 122 HP 6 banger hurricane engine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chivvalry (Post 932614)
Being shown this week at the Los Angeles Auto Show, the new 2014 Jeep Wrangler Willys Wheeler Edition takes the vehicle back to its roots. Add your own big white star and the transition is largely complete, even if you don't put an unshaven sourpuss sergeant behind the wheel
:thumbsup:

With a sergeant and a private or even corporal in the Jeep, typically the lower rank would be driving unless in a recreational situation in which case RHIP would apply. Real sergeants would always be shaven, even if they had to scare the damn stubble off their face.

Sourpuss?, well, I prefered to think of it as "command face" :slapfight:

bill_de 12-21-2013 06:39 PM

Would a new Wagoneer be able to enter the ranks of the military, for real?

With Hummer gone, who is filling that niche?

---

sterno 12-21-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 948846)
Would a new Wagoneer be able to enter the ranks of the military, for real?

With Hummer gone, who is filling that niche?

The civilian luxury SUV brand Hummer is gone, but only the older ones were based on the military design. I think AM General is still making the military vehicles.

barnettdlb 12-25-2013 08:13 AM

[QUOTE=lstowell;946376]Looks reasonably close for a more or less modern vehicle.
I've got an old 1950s Willys color brochure in PDF if there were a
suitable place of honor for it to be available on the forum.
Is from the announcement of the whopping 122 HP 6 banger hurricane engine.

Create a New Thread, titled Vintage Brochures and lead it off with yours. Maybe others will post theirs, or at least pictures of it.