Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WJ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f51/)
-   -   My new 04 limited (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f51/my-new-04-limited-68159.html)

rhawe00 11-20-2013 03:21 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is my jeep I just picked up. Had a challenger for the past two years but sold it and picked this up for my daily driver. Really would like to get a set of the srt replicas. Best or cheapest site to get them from? Also, is the k&n air intake worth it? Thx Attachment 32194

Prestone 11-20-2013 10:45 AM

Wow that is one clean looking wj! I had a k and n on my wj and I did not even notice a different. Is that the 4.7 or the 4.0?

paul4314 11-20-2013 12:17 PM

Re: My new 04 limited

Don't worry about k&ns for a moment and get over to
Summit raceing
And order your self a pair or just a rear addco sway bar
Makes a mile of diffrence and drives a lot better wish I did mine sooner

paul4314 11-20-2013 12:19 PM

Also check the buy sell section on here there's a lot of people selling srt reps

rhawe00 11-20-2013 01:06 PM

It's the 4.7. Thanks for the recommendation on the sway bars and the buy sell here. Will check into both.
Thx

paul4314 11-21-2013 02:26 AM

No worries

Nice looking jeep will look sick with some srt rims on there
Loveing the colour
I'm a diesel jeeper so don't no much on what would be any performance mods work with the 4.7 but usually I always fit a performance panel filter instead of a fast an furious cone filters
But there are plenty of guys on here that have done many performance mods so thay would no
What's your plans with the jeep u off roading it or street driveing

rhawe00 11-21-2013 06:05 PM

Prob won't do any off roading. Mainly just a street jeep. I plan on getting a set of srt reps, lowering it, and doing the carbon wrap over the wood grain on the interior.

TJXJWJ 11-24-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhawe00 (Post 933908)
Prob won't do any off roading. Mainly just a street jeep. I plan on getting a set of srt reps, lowering it, and doing the carbon wrap over the wood grain on the interior.

I like where your head is at...:D

I got my reps from OEWheels LLC...they are a vendor on this site. They shipped fast and tires were already mounted and balanced. All I needed to add was a new set of lug nuts because the stockers sucked. I like my K&N FIPK and did notice a little difference. If you're looking for bang for your buck though, the Superchips tuner is a great add on for performance. It really firms up your shifts . The Addco sways are awesome for handling, along with a set of Bilstiens. :thumbsup:

Trav1s 11-24-2013 07:27 PM

I second the Bilsteins! Nice addition to my WJ. Addco sways are on the list for me too. I am going to go the other way and add some factory UpCountry spring to replace the saggy factory springs on my ride.

Nice looking ride!

rhawe00 11-24-2013 07:41 PM

Thanks for the compliments and suggestions. Will have to look into the Bilsteins for sure. Seems to be a very popular and recommended upgrade. Also, the super chip interests me. Does that add hp and make it shift better? What exactly does it do. I'll look into it.
Thanks

Trav1s 11-24-2013 07:45 PM

The SC has several tunes that increase torque and HP. It also has the ability to control the transmission function and firm the shifts. I had the trans tune on my 2006 and it definitely improved drivability.

dudefromflorida 11-25-2013 10:31 AM

Bilsteins are a must in the WJ you will love the difference. Rear sway bar along with the Superchip is another wonderful recommendation no matter if you plan on wheeling or street driving.

CF wrap, mesh grill, Gen3 Projectors, led conversion, and HIDs are also some very popular and good looking visual mods around here too.

Good looking jeep...Looks like mine when I brought her home!
Welcome to the family.