Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2014+ Cherokee-KL (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/)
-   -   Current TH Order Date to Build Date Timing (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/current-th-order-date-to-build-date-timing-68203.html)

Desert Hiker 11-21-2013 11:34 AM

Current TH Order Date to Build Date Timing
 
I'm planning to order a CH-TH. What's the current/typical time cycle from ordering a CH-TH @ a dealer to factory build date? For a variety of reasons relating to travel, superstition and challenges with my 2002 launch year Liberty, I'd prefer a Jan 2014 build date.....not 2013.

TIA.
Desert Hiker

Blinker Fluid 11-21-2013 02:59 PM

Re: Current TH Order Date to Build Date Timing
 
Its all over the map at this moment, I would guess ordering first two weeks of December should get you a January build as the factory I think is scheduled for shutdown between Christmas to New Years. It could get pulled immediately (likely not) or pushed into February (likely).

MontaukTom 11-23-2013 12:09 PM

Re: Current TH Order Date to Build Date Timing
 
On one of the other boards someone placed an order a week ago and within 4 days had an estimated delivery date of mid-December - if the estimate holds up. I ordered mine on Monday and hope I'm that lucky.

Desert Hiker 11-24-2013 09:37 AM

Re: Current TH Order Date to Build Date Timing
 
Thanks for the replies. Indeed, it seems all over the boards - MT's post indicates it could end up in build quite quickly.

Any more experience to report out there?

Desert Hiker

PetetPuma 11-24-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desert Hiker (Post 935231)
Thanks for the replies. Indeed, it seems all over the boards - MT's post indicates it could end up in build quite quickly. Any more experience to report out there? Desert Hiker

I am past 4 weeks in D1 status. My estimated delivery date is tomorrow, but my vehicle is still in pieces at the factory.

Jeep has not given me any word as to why it is 2 weeks beyond what they said it would take. I hope your build goes faster.

MontaukTom 11-24-2013 12:32 PM

Re: Current TH Order Date to Build Date Timing
 
From reading the posts on various message boards I'm beginning to think that the 'Estimated delivery' is more wild guess than estimate. On another board one member was told by the dealer that their Cherokee had an estimate delivery date of March 17th.

PetetPuma 11-24-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MontaukTom (Post 935322)
From reading the posts on various message boards I'm beginning to think that the 'Estimated delivery' is more wild guess than estimate. On another board one member was told by the dealer that their Cherokee had an estimate delivery date of March 17th.

Oh...I have come to believe that their "estimate" is a shot in the dark.

RallyBud 11-24-2013 04:07 PM

Re: Current TH Order Date to Build Date Timing
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by PetetPuma (Post 935317)
I am past 4 weeks in D1 status. My estimated delivery date is tomorrow, but my vehicle is still in pieces at the factory.

Jeep has not given me any word as to why it is 2 weeks beyond what they said it would take. I hope your build goes faster.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MontaukTom (Post 935322)
From reading the posts on various message boards I'm beginning to think that the 'Estimated delivery' is more wild guess than estimate. On another board one member was told by the dealer that their Cherokee had an estimate delivery date of March 17th.

The March 17th guy was probably me. I ordered through a military overseas program last week.

My representative responded in an email where I asked why it would take so long. Here is his reply:

"The reason for this is the Jeep Cherokee is in high demand and there was a log jam of orders that had restricted options that just became available that is why the timeline is pushed out."

PetetPuma 11-24-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RallyBud (Post 935391)
The March 17th guy was probably me. I ordered through a military overseas program last week. My representative responded in an email where I asked why it would take so long. Here is his reply: "The reason for this is the Jeep Cherokee is in high demand and there was a log jam of orders that had restricted options that just became available that is why the timeline is pushed out."

Did you go with the Leather Interior or Premium Seats?

RallyBud 11-25-2013 06:44 AM

Re: Current TH Order Date to Build Date Timing
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by PetetPuma (Post 935401)
Did you go with the Leather Interior or Premium Seats?

Grand Canyon brown interior leather.

MajorTom 11-29-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blinker Fluid (Post 933792)
Its all over the map at this moment, I would guess ordering first two weeks of December should get you a January build as the factory I think is scheduled for shutdown between Christmas to New Years. It could get pulled immediately (likely not) or pushed into February (likely).

There are indications due to the demand of Cherokee and Wrangler at the moment the plants will not shut down as normal. Same for Grand Cherokee This came from my dealer last week as I just placed an order for another Grand myself. Wife is considering a TH for herself, she just can't decide to go with the Anvil or wait for the later available color she wants (mango tango orange or whatever it will be called)

jfk3674 12-03-2013 04:42 PM

Re: Current TH Order Date to Build Date Timing
 
I went to several dealers this past weekend and got date ranging form 4-12 weeks depending on the dealer. The place where I ended up ordering advised 4-5 weeks as of saturday, but when I called today they had not even placed the order yet b/c they were waiting on allocation to place the order? It seems strange to me that Jeep would hold back on taking orders like that. What makes it even worse that the exact TH I want is sitting at a dealer 600 miles away in a difference state. I wish Jeep would just pull that one and bring it to my dealer.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community