Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Visual Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/)
-   -   White mirror covers (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/white-mirror-covers-68225.html)

bobbyovrlnd14 11-21-2013 11:24 PM

White mirror covers

Lookin to replace the Crome mirrors covers on my2014 overland with white any ideas

Black Ops Auto Works 11-22-2013 08:35 AM

Re: White mirror covers

I would start a FOR TRADE thread first and see if anyone wants to trade out that may be the quickest and easiest solution.

bobbyovrlnd14 11-22-2013 05:57 PM

Good idea thanks I'll try to do that

JStead82 12-13-2013 06:33 PM

Like BlackOps mentioned, try setting up a trade with a member first. From what I have read and researched you cannot buy the caps separately in color-match. So your next step would be to look for an auto body shop to paint them bad boys for you.

bobbyovrlnd14 12-18-2013 03:35 PM

I tried they won't paint over the Crome they painted the arm & under the chrome cap white for me looks good just was hoping to get the caps white as well

Black Ops Auto Works 12-18-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyovrlnd14 (Post 947475)
I tried they won't paint over the Crome they painted the arm & under the chrome cap white for me looks good just was hoping to get the caps white as well

The chrome comes off and leaves Black Plastic with some Paint thinner on a rag it's rather easy. After that step they can be scuffed down with 120 grit a plastic adhesion promoter over em or a Primer Adhesion promoter one step then painted rather simple a days work only because you have to wait for stuff to dry.

bobbyovrlnd14 12-18-2013 03:50 PM

Guess they probably just didn't want to bother I tried vinyl wrapping them as well but that didn't go well either idk I can go try those steps you mentioned. I really appreciate all the help this forum is very helpful for a guy like me any chance on anybody knowing the size of the inlet of the exhaust on the 2014 gc overland? Looking into ordering some magnaflow mufflers I believe it's a 2" inlet

aman27 01-28-2014 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyovrlnd14 (Post 947478)
Guess they probably just didn't want to bother I tried vinyl wrapping them as well but that didn't go well either idk I can go try those steps you mentioned. I really appreciate all the help this forum is very helpful for a guy like me any chance on anybody knowing the size of the inlet of the exhaust on the 2014 gc overland? Looking into ordering some magnaflow mufflers I believe it's a 2" inlet

Why didnt the Vinyl work for you? I was thinking of wrapping my mirror caps in black to go with a wrapped black grill.