Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2011+ Dodge Durango-WD (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f177/)
-   -   Have dealer swap running boards before buying? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f177/have-dealer-swap-running-boards-before-buying-68255.html)

Johnqqq 11-22-2013 02:03 PM

Have dealer swap running boards before buying?

I originally ordered my Durango with black side steps, then tried to switch them out to chrome ones, but it was too late. Do you think it's possible the dealer would swap out the black ones for chrome ones if they have a vehicle with them on the lot? Is this something that is commonly done?

It's not a super big deal, but after looking at lots of pics I prefer the look of the chrome, and it actually seems to complete the look in Billet Silver

davewg 11-22-2013 03:38 PM

Re: Have dealer swap running boards before buying?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnqqq (Post 934338)
I originally ordered my Durango with black side steps, then tried to switch them out to chrome ones, but it was too late. Do you think it's possible the dealer would swap out the black ones for chrome ones if they have a vehicle with them on the lot? Is this something that is commonly done?

It's not a super big deal, but after looking at lots of pics I prefer the look of the chrome, and it actually seems to complete the look in Billet Silver

Assuming your dealer can actually locate a set they might swap them for you, but it might be dependent on whether they can either resell them or put them on another vehicle and add to the sales price as a dealer installed accessory.

You just need to ask them...ever dealer is different.

My dealer had to go the the LA distribution center to get mine (we did not order them from the factory and they were the only set available at the time (late October).

Gtaz19 11-22-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnqqq (Post 934338)
I originally ordered my Durango with black side steps, then tried to switch them out to chrome ones, but it was too late. Do you think it's possible the dealer would swap out the black ones for chrome ones if they have a vehicle with them on the lot? Is this something that is commonly done? It's not a super big deal, but after looking at lots of pics I prefer the look of the chrome, and it actually seems to complete the look in Billet Silver

I'd say most likely you'll have to take a hit and sell them as like new. Then purchase the ones you want. Of course talk to your dealer, but I just can't see them doing it that easily. Have you taken delivery yet, this will make a huge difference with the dealer I'd assume.

Johnqqq 11-22-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gtaz19 (Post 934417)
I'd say most likely you'll have to take a hit and sell them as like new. Then purchase the ones you want. Of course talk to your dealer, but I just can't see them doing it that easily. Have you taken delivery yet, this will make a huge difference with the dealer I'd assume.

I haven't taken delivery yet, and the thing is I plan on leasing the car so I don't think that selling them is feasible, as I am assuming they would want the car back the same way they gave it to me.

JeepGCOverland 11-22-2013 04:33 PM

1. Are you sure that the side steps are not dealer installed?

2. You can reorder your Durango if it is a big deal to you. Don't take delivery of a vehicle that does not have your desired specs.

Johnqqq 11-23-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepGCOverland (Post 934436)
1. Are you sure that the side steps are not dealer installed?

2. You can reorder your Durango if it is a big deal to you. Don't take delivery of a vehicle that does not have your desired specs.

I honestly am not sure if they are dealer I installed, but I assumed the factory installed them because when I called the salesmen he said it was too late, and vots shows the black appearance package under the specs... Reordering would take way too long

dbtx 11-23-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnqqq (Post 934872)
I honestly am not sure if they are dealer I installed, but I assumed the factory installed them because when I called the salesmen he said it was too late, and vots shows the black appearance package under the specs... Reordering would take way too long

The black may look better in real-life when the car arrives.

- Danny

mannichine 11-23-2013 12:50 PM

No--when you order them from the factory, they will come installed from the factory. That is NOT done at the dealership.