Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2011+ Dodge Durango-WD (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f177/)
-   -   Double Ds (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f177/double-ds-68329.html)

JoeyD 11-24-2013 09:45 AM

Double Ds

2 Attachment(s)
So a couple a boobs walk into a bar.....

In other words, fk186 and I met up a t a local watering hole yesterday to reunite the "twins" and snap a few pics. (fk186's Max Steel Hemi Citadel, and my Granite Crystal V6 Citadel.) While we did not have time to actually throw back a few (real life does get in the way some time), it was great getting together and going over our Ds. (The minor things we've done to them, the differences in our options, color, fitment issues we had addressed, etc.)

Speaking of which, imagine my surprise and embarrassment when I popped my hood to show fk186 why the bug shield did not fit right....and sitting on my engine cover was a screwdriver. It's been sitting there as a passenger for around a week now. :whistle:

fk186's Hemi Citadel was the first '14 Durango I've seen on the road...but it would not be the last. Later in the day when I came out of Best Buy..parked diagonally from me was a guy just coming out of his white R/T. We just smiled and nodded and exchanged a quick "thumbs up."

I have been nominated by fk186 as the President of the Northern NJ chapter of DOG. (Durango Owners Group. ) I have visions of 50 years from now where all members of DOG will be gathered around the poker table with our oxygen masks retelling Durango stories of old. It'll be a small table with just fk186 and I there...but it will be a table nonetheless.

fk186 is a great guy...and we have kids nearly the same age. We'll have to get together and just hang out at some point. I'm sure our wives and kids think we're nuts...but that's nothing they didn't know already anyway.

And so...a few pics....

JoeyD 11-24-2013 09:46 AM

Re: Double Ds

3 Attachment(s)
Pics...

JoeyD 11-24-2013 09:48 AM

2 Attachment(s)
More Pics...

JoeyD 11-24-2013 09:49 AM

2 Attachment(s)
And more pics...

Scottina06 11-24-2013 09:50 AM

cool pics

JoeyD 11-24-2013 09:50 AM

2 Attachment(s)
And some more pics...

JoeyD 11-24-2013 09:51 AM

2 Attachment(s)
And why not a couple more...

davewg 11-24-2013 09:52 AM

I may not be in Northern NJ, but can I join the club too?

The farthest north we usually get in the state (on anything approaching a regular basis) is the Aberdeen area.

My mother is in NYC, but I think it'll be a long time before I want to venture into Manhattan with the Durango.

Nice trucks, gentlemen...and who cares what the family thinks.

MAXGroup 11-24-2013 10:03 AM

I'm in Bergen county,
As soon as my R/T is delivered (12/2) we can have a threesome :-)
Although 50 years from now I'll be 99 so I'm not sure I can make the clue selection criteria

JoeyD 11-24-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davewg (Post 935242)
I may not be in Northern NJ, but can I join the club too?

Sure...the more the merrier! And since you're getting in on the ground floor....we still have some officer positions available. President and Vice President are already spoken for, but we still need a treasurer, secretary, and bartender....

fk186 11-24-2013 12:14 PM

Joey D, It was great getting together for the pictures and thanks for posting. To bad I did not have time for lunch to throw back a few, next time though. We should get together with the family some time so that wives can see there are other people out there with issues, of coarse they have none at all :). We can throw back a few and listen to them make fun of us. You should have recruited the R/T guy into the group. Maybe the DOG association will be up to four with Dave and MAXGroup. No worries MAXGroup, Joey and I will be in our 90's as well in 50 years, but you will have us beat LOL.

Laureljoke 11-24-2013 04:36 PM

You guys are hilarious, and the pictures were so much fun to see. I wonder if you got any amused or confused looks from bystanders as you positioned and repositioned the double D's for their photo shoot. I'm a long way away, and don't think I'll have my billet silver Citadel in the northeast any time soon, but if I was any closer I'd sure want to be a member of your DOG. Keep the rest of us Durango owners updated on your adventures!