Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2011+ Dodge Durango-WD (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f177/)
-   -   What do you keep in your cargo bin? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f177/what-do-you-keep-in-your-cargo-bin-68409.html)

vertrkr 11-25-2013 01:43 PM

What do you keep in your cargo bin?
 
1 Attachment(s)
Here's my list being an old boy scout:

500 Amp battery booster with air compressor
Fire extinguisher
Sun block
2 blankets
3 pairs of gloves (Mechanix, leather, wool)
Water proof hat & shell
Duct tape
Silicone repair tape
Tire repair kit
Valve cores
Sharp hatchet
2 LED flashlights
First aid kit
Bic lighter
Flint & magnesium block
Super glue
3 large/thick garbage bags
Spare key (battery removed)
Solid wire
100' of rope and mule tape
4 bungie cords
Assorted zip ties
20' tow strap
Hitch ball/mount (2" ball & drop, 7500lb rating)
Large & small vise grips
Leatherman Surge multi-tool (another one in glove box)
Spare fuses (when I can find someone that sells the micro size)

davewg 11-25-2013 02:17 PM

Re: What do you keep in your cargo bin?
 
Right now, nothing in my wife's D.

But that's mainly because I finally had the time to swap out the sub-woofer bearing bin with the non woofer sub-woofer version.

I'm sure she'll be loading out soon, but her list varies a bit from yours depending on what she has going on in a given week.

That's a good list for sure, though. I wish I had somewhere convenient in my Yukon (zero underfloor storage) to keep that stuff. I do have an air compressor in the same fender well compartment as the jack, but its not conducive to ready access like the Durango bin.

dbtx 11-25-2013 03:25 PM

Re: What do you keep in your cargo bin?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by vertrkr (Post 935839)
Here's my list:

500 Amp battery booster with air compressor
Fire extinguisher
Sun block
2 blankets
3 pairs of gloves
Water proof hat & shell
Duct tape
Silicone repair tape
Tire repair kit
Valve cores
Sharp hatchet
2 LED flashlights
First aid kit
Super glue
3 large/thick garbage bags
Spare key (battery removed)
Solid wire
100' of rope and mule tape
20' tow strap
Hitch ball/mount (2" ball & drop, 7500lb rating)
Large & small vise grips
Leatherman Surge multi-tool (another one in glove box)
Spare fuses (when I can find someone that sells the micro size)

Damn! Some great ideas here. Nothing in mine at this time.

- Danny

MAXGroup 11-25-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vertrkr (Post 935839)
Here's my list: 500 Amp battery booster with air compressor Fire extinguisher Sun block 2 blankets 3 pairs of gloves (Mechanix, leather, wool) Water proof hat & shell Duct tape Silicone repair tape Tire repair kit Valve cores Sharp hatchet 2 LED flashlights First aid kit Super glue 3 large/thick garbage bags Spare key (battery removed) Solid wire 100' of rope and mule tape 20' tow strap Hitch ball/mount (2" ball & drop, 7500lb rating) Large & small vise grips Leatherman Surge multi-tool (another one in glove box) Spare fuses (when I can find someone that sells the micro size)

Hey vertrkr are you up to something with 3 sets of gloves and all that rope? Should I be worried and hide the wife and kids? :-)

vertrkr 11-25-2013 06:17 PM

Re: What do you keep in your cargo bin?
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by MAXGroup (Post 935960)
Hey vertrkr are you up to something with 3 sets of gloves and all that rope? Should I be worried and hide the wife and kids? :-)

Ha, think you're safe for now but I'll let ya know if I add one of these:

MAXGroup 11-25-2013 06:28 PM

I bought the micro fuses at K Mart, but I'm sure you can find them on eBay or Amazon

vertrkr 11-25-2013 06:33 PM

Re: What do you keep in your cargo bin?
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by MAXGroup (Post 935975)
I bought the micro fuses at K Mart, but I'm sure you can find them on eBay or Amazon

Waaaaa? are you sure they are micro? I've searched everywhere off and online. Everyone has mini fuses but not micro which are new to the auto industry within the last couple years. Sometimes they are mislabeled online, calling low profile mini fuses micro.

MAXGroup 11-25-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vertrkr (Post 935976)
Waaaaa? are you sure they are micro? I've searched everywhere off and online. Everyone has mini fuses but not micro which are new to the auto industry within the last couple years. Sometimes they are mislabeled online, calling low profile mini fuses micro.

I have a 2012 jeep GC and a Maserati, and on both you need the micro ones for some of the circuits.

vertrkr 11-25-2013 06:41 PM

Re: What do you keep in your cargo bin?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MAXGroup (Post 935979)
I have a 2012 jeep GC and a Maserati, and on both you need the micro ones for some of the circuits.

Damn, guess I gotta try Kmart. I've searched Amazon, ebay, O'Rielly, Kragen, Monument, Autozone.

Update: no love at Kmart, my area sucks for auto parts, at least micro fuses.

illusion 12-09-2013 06:03 AM

Re: What do you keep in your cargo bin?
 
Now the op is ready for an emergency. I will be making my list based off his


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community