Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   LG G2 Compatibility (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/lg-g2-compatibility-68437.html)

tryan77 11-25-2013 10:40 PM

LG G2 Compatibility

I am looking to upgrade my cell phone to the Verizon LG G2 and I Dont see it available for the 8.4A on the UConnect wbsite . Does that mean it isn't compatible?

mzimand 11-25-2013 10:44 PM

I have it and mine works

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Born2golf 11-26-2013 11:27 PM

Re: LG G2 Compatibility

Quote:

Originally Posted by tryan77 (Post 936119)
I am looking to upgrade my cell phone to the Verizon LG G2 and I Dont see it available for the 8.4A on the UConnect wbsite . Does that mean it isn't compatible?

The android market is flooded with various devices, running a multitude of variations of android OS. Is would near impossible for Uconnect to test and certify each variant. There has been some recent standardization as it relates to Bluetooth in vehicles, so things may calm down a bit.

My guess would have been that it would work, which is now confirmed by tryan77. I'd be more curious as to what actually works, because that varies greatly too. The list that I mentally run through is:

(All via Bluetooth)
1. Make calls using voice command, "call bob smith at work"
2. Receive calls, by pressing steering wheel or screen.
3. send SMS using voice commands, "send message to bob smith"
4. receive SMS, and have vehicle announce new message and read contents (reading requires a button press)
5. Play media content from phone to vehicle (NOT as a USB media source)
6. control phone media playback using steering wheel controls and screen controls
7. Display the track information on the vehicle screen of what is playing on the phone (just like if the music was on an SD card inserted into the slot)

If all of that is working you are in great shape. However, in many cases, only some of those functions work depending on the phone, the android OS version and the UConnect version.

Just FYI, I am using a Motorola RAZR MAXX, running a custom ROM, and everything works great. So I can confirm that all these functions are indeed supported by the uConnect running 13.38.52.

loudog 12-02-2013 10:51 PM

It's working fine with my tmo LG G2 and the 8.4AN on my Limited. I can verify that music streaming, voice calling and text message to voice work fine.

--Lou

Bstock_v2 12-03-2013 03:26 PM

I've got a VZW LG G2 and mine works fine with my Jeep!

mofeen 12-07-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bstock_v2 (Post 939771)
I've got a VZW LG G2 and mine works fine with my Jeep!

How does it work with Pandora. With my VZW G2, the audio cuts out while Bluetooth streaming and it requires me to hit the mute button on the dash twice to get the audio back.

I think I may have to update my Uconnect software, as I am not running the latest release.

Bstock_v2 12-09-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mofeen (Post 941884)
How does it work with Pandora. With my VZW G2, the audio cuts out while Bluetooth streaming and it requires me to hit the mute button on the dash twice to get the audio back.

I think I may have to update my Uconnect software, as I am not running the latest release.

I haven't had any problems with Pandora. The only problems I've experienced is a lag when using bluetooth and steaming a movie thru Netflix in the car. The problem comes from the pause button in the bluetooth menu. I have to click play when I start streaming and it's causing a half second lag (which is horrible when watching videos as you can imagine).

I'll try Pandora again today at lunch and let you know.