Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f197/)
-   -   Disabling DRL's on a 2001 WJ anyone? and SUPERFREESEXFUNPARTY POLL! blacking out wj? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f197/disabling-drls-on-a-2001-wj-anyone-and-superfreesexfunparty-poll-blacking-out-wj-6844.html)

dhillon09 02-23-2010 03:07 PM

Disabling DRL's on a 2001 WJ anyone? and SUPERFREESEXFUNPARTY POLL! blacking out wj?

Hey all, I basically want my WJ to have just the bottom orange lights and the foglights on only when I turn on my running lights, and not the main headlights. I know american WJ's can do this (and it looks sick!) and I want to do it too! Can anyone help the lost canadian? thanks!

also, I plan on buying projector fogs and headlights and running HID's in them, anyone have any pointers for this? I'm assuming relays will be a must as the WJ has a pretty touchy electrical system lol.

Here's a question for ya, should I go blacked out on my Silverstone WJ? By blackout I mean tinted tails, black projectors, black fogs, black srt8 reps, and 5% tint on my front windows to match the 3% tint on the back!

dhillon09 02-23-2010 03:11 PM

Re: Disabling DRL's on a 2001 WJ anyone? and SUPERFREESEXFUNPARTY POLL! blacking out

I voted option 5 to remain impartial :o its true, its true.

Guy friends: "I love your exhaust! sounds so beast!"
Girl friends: "so like .. is your truck dying ? :o "

DJ BoNiOmArIo 02-23-2010 03:29 PM

Re: Disabling DRL's on a 2001 WJ anyone? and SUPERFREESEXFUNPARTY POLL! blacking out

I go with the full blacked out

Martyp 02-23-2010 03:33 PM

I voted number 1.

For an example of option 2, do a search for a recent thread of mine in the members gallery - I had that setup minus the projectors (just the regular chrome headlights).

I just think option 1 would look more aggressive.

206WJ 02-23-2010 04:11 PM

ONly the dealer can disable the DRL's. Then the HID's would be very easy. I don't use relay's with mine and don't have a problem. If you don't disable the DRL's then the HID's are a lot more complicated. I gotta run, but I'll explain that more later.

dhillon09 02-24-2010 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boniomario (Post 156988)
I go with the full blacked out

yeah me too! Black projectors and black projector fogs, with blacked out tails and reps to match :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martyp (Post 156995)
I voted number 1.

For an example of option 2, do a search for a recent thread of mine in the members gallery - I had that setup minus the projectors (just the regular chrome headlights).

I just think option 1 would look more aggressive.

You think so? I was thinking the same I'm just always a bit iffy on doing something different from what's usually done, and I've never seen it done before, so I'm just hoping it'll look good lol. Anyone decent with PS care to do a photo or two for me? :D hint hint nudge nudge marty lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by 206WJ (Post 157039)
ONly the dealer can disable the DRL's. Then the HID's would be very easy. I don't use relay's with mine and don't have a problem. If you don't disable the DRL's then the HID's are a lot more complicated. I gotta run, but I'll explain that more later.

I called into the local stealership the guy sounded pretty smug and told me "It's against canadian law, I can't do it, and once the DRL's are turned on, they are turned on, they can't be turned off" ... blah.

DAVY27 02-24-2010 01:20 PM

option 1 as well. i think that will look siick!

206WJ 02-24-2010 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhillon09 (Post 157851)

I called into the local stealership the guy sounded pretty smug and told me "It's against canadian law, I can't do it, and once the DRL's are turned on, they are turned on, they can't be turned off" ... blah.

Maybe you can try pulling the DRL fuse.

dhillon09 02-25-2010 12:23 PM

I'm booked in today to change my country code because I'm apparently going to an american tuner and their tuning hardware wont work unless my ecu is in US mode *evil laugh* Thanks a bunch for the help guys! Best $50 i'll ever spend!

dhillon09 02-25-2010 04:39 PM

Well **** the dealership! They raped me :( I spent $75 and my drls STILL FUNCTION! WOOHOO! lol.

Can anyone help me before I go kill myself? This was so fail on so many levels. :(

dhillon09 02-25-2010 06:57 PM

Plan of attack for tomorrow morning:

Ground handbrake
Pull bulb from speedo cluster for handbrake warning

result: BYPASSED DRL'S! $75 down the drain but damnit if I want it, it'll happen!

Next question, can anyone explain how the hell you ground the handbrake? lol thanks in advance!

dhillon09 02-26-2010 03:33 PM

guise!!!! What do you think about this?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/99-03-JEEP-GRAND-...item2c533ca37f

http://app.infopia.com/img/image/fp/.../img-2/img.jpg

all for $300 CAD shippin included!, I hit buy?? Silverstone WJ, you think it'll look ugly or I can pull it off? Thanks in advance guys for the opinions/help!