Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2011+ Dodge Durango-WD (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f177/)
-   -   Nav replacement 1 week after delivery (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f177/nav-replacement-1-week-after-delivery-68474.html)

Frank357 11-26-2013 05:05 PM

Nav replacement 1 week after delivery

New member here, took delivery of '14 Citadel 3 weeks ago. Everything was smooth sailing till last Tues when Nav started acting weird. It was showing our current location as 20 miles away and calculating directions incorrectly and acting erratically. Everything else was operating correctly with the radio and remotes. I assumed it was a temporary bug so let it go a day. The next day same thing. Called Dodge who recommended an update to the Nav software. Took it to dealer who installed latest update. Now the Nav showed no signal and was stuck on a map of Amarillo, TX ? Dealer spoke with Nav folks and now have a new RRM module on special order. I have been told it will be a factory refurbished radio as only the assembly line gets brand new radios. Needless to say I am now a bit nervous about our brand new dash being dismantled and the thought of a rebuilt radio going in. They said a week for the part, called today and nada. I found a few similar cases of this in the Grand Cherokee threads. Sometimes the update fixed the problem and others had the unit replaced. Anybody have any suggestions on how to manage this repair....ie....questions to ask tech or things to look out for? So far I have remained calm but that is not my strongest trait. Thanks in advance and safe travels to all this week!!

Frank

Gtaz19 11-26-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank357 (Post 936532)
New member here, took delivery of '14 Citadel 3 weeks ago. Everything was smooth sailing till last Tues when Nav started acting weird. It was showing our current location as 20 miles away and calculating directions incorrectly and acting erratically. Everything else was operating correctly with the radio and remotes. I assumed it was a temporary bug so let it go a day. The next day same thing. Called Dodge who recommended an update to the Nav software. Took it to dealer who installed latest update. Now the Nav showed no signal and was stuck on a map of Amarillo, TX ? Dealer spoke with Nav folks and now have a new RRM module on special order. I have been told it will be a factory refurbished radio as only the assembly line gets brand new radios. Needless to say I am now a bit nervous about our brand new dash being dismantled and the thought of a rebuilt radio going in. They said a week for the part, called today and nada. I found a few similar cases of this in the Grand Cherokee threads. Sometimes the update fixed the problem and others had the unit replaced. Anybody have any suggestions on how to manage this repair....ie....questions to ask tech or things to look out for? So far I have remained calm but that is not my strongest trait. Thanks in advance and safe travels to all this week!!

Frank

I installed the update in an underground garage and when it was done it showed me in Texas until I got our of the garage and it rest to my location. If everything else is working, maybe it's the antenna or the connection from it.

Having your new Dan taken apart is not fun, however, I wouldn't worry about the refurbished radio. It will have been tested and you won't know it was used before, it will look brand new.

Good luck and keep us up to date on your journey.

davewg 11-27-2013 08:04 AM

Re: Nav replacement 1 week after delivery

Amarillo, TX or San Antonio?

The latest update - 13.38.52 is supposed to correct the issue of NAV showing the vehicle in San Antonio, TX

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk2_0804913e.pdf

Are you sure the dealer installed 13.38.52? There have been plenty of tales of dealers backleveling the software to an earlier version (13.19).

Either way, I wouldn't be worried about the replacement radio or modules either. It's been pretty common on the JGC side and the systems between the two vehicles are very similar.

Frank357 11-28-2013 10:35 AM

Re: Nav replacement 1 week after delivery

OK, The Nav is currently stuck in San Antonio, TX. and this is after the update to 13.38.52. This was specifically addressed in the latest update? The weird thing is that prior to the update it wasn't stuck, just was off 20-30 miles and everything else seemed normal. Now, Yesterday we had the screen freeze and go blank while driving. Had to shut down / restart truck to kill the radio? I confirmed we have a whole new unit ordered and the replacement will have the latest software and should correct all of these items. Build date is 9/17/13. Hope it gets here soon. Happy Thanksgiving!!!