Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2011+ Dodge Durango-WD (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f177/)
-   -   Nav screen Q (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f177/nav-screen-q-68483.html)

dbtx 11-26-2013 10:11 PM

Nav screen Q

Folks, I have my 8.4 nav screen set to auto dim. But...driving at night it does not change the nav screen to a dark background. What gives? I manually adjusted it to night to see if it projected a dark background and it does. Back to auto and it defaulted back to a daytime (bright) background.

For clarity - I am not following a route...just have the nav screen map up while driving as default.

- Danny

bobbyovrlnd14 11-26-2013 10:16 PM

My truck does the same thing I hope there's some kind of way to fix this

Gtaz19 11-26-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbtx (Post 936718)
Folks, I have my 8.4 nav screen set to auto dim. But...driving at night it does not change the nav screen to a dark background. What gives? I manually adjusted it to night to see if it projected a dark background and it does. Back to auto and it defaulted back to a daytime (bright) background. For clarity - I am not following a route...just have the nav screen map up while driving as default. - Danny

If you have the ambient dimmer scroll on the left side of the dash next to the headlight knob all the way up (full brightness, just under some lights) it will not change. Once you put it just below full brightness, it will toggle to night mode when the headlights go on.

Let is know if this works...

dbtx 11-26-2013 11:23 PM

Re: Nav screen Q

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gtaz19 (Post 936750)
If you have the ambient dimmer scroll on the left side of the dash next to the headlight knob all the way up (full brightness, just under some lights) it will not change. Once you put it just below full brightness, it will toggle to night mode when the headlights go on.

I will try this tomorrow. If this works - you sir ROCK!!!! Stay tuned.

- Danny

Gtaz19 11-26-2013 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbtx (Post 936753)
I will try this tomorrow. If this works - you sir ROCK!!!! Stay tuned. - Danny

That's supposed to say dome lights and not some lights.

vertrkr 11-27-2013 12:16 AM

I think it's 2 clicks down from the top position to get to night mode. All the way up is all interior lights on, 1 click down is interior lights off but full dash brightness and 1 click more down is night mode at full brightness. This is only seen when the headlights are on. I keep mine at this 2 clicks down position.

Gtaz19 11-27-2013 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vertrkr (Post 936772)
I think it's 2 clicks down from the top position to get to night mode. All the way up is all interior lights on, 1 click down is interior lights off but full dash brightness and 1 click more down is night mode at full brightness. This is only seen when the headlights are on.

Yes that is correct the potentiometer has two modes at the top. Dome lights and below that full day time lights. Below that is night/dimming.

dbtx 11-27-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gtaz19 (Post 936750)

That did the trick!!! Thanks Gtaz19!!

- Danny