Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f162/)
-   -   Service Intervals (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f162/service-intervals-68490.html)

buttsie 11-27-2013 04:39 AM

Service Intervals

Hi Guys, just a quick sense check.

Service intervals.

Here in Australia we have to get our SRT's serviceds every 12000km or every 6 months whatever comes first.

If I'm being completely honest, I probably only do about 800 - 1000 km a month so the 6 month service seems somewhat of an overkill. :p

Is this standard in other countries?

Cheers

:D

Elvin 11-27-2013 05:13 AM

Re: Service Intervals

Quote:

Originally Posted by buttsie (Post 936815)

Service intervals.

Here in Australia we have to get our SRT's serviceds every 12000km or every 6 months whatever comes first.

If I'm being completely honest, I probably only do about 800 - 1000 km a month so the 6 month service seems somewhat of an overkill. :p

Cheers

I agree with you on it being an overkill.
Unless i go caravaning my Jeep would be lucky to do 4000klms and a 1st service quoted today is $460 about the same as the fuel used to do that amount of kilometres.
I would like to see 12month or 12000kms servicing and i would do a intermediate change should i do harsh driving conditions.
You can't get the grin of the service managers face when you talk servicing as we are getting totally ripped of.
My neighbour who has a my12 and did in excess of 40000klms in his 1st year spent $ 4500 on servicing alone and now uses his old car to commute to work.
I think a lot of Jeep owners would like to see the servicing interval changed and we would only achieve this with a concerted effort.
I would suggest we all supply our own filters and oil and buy as much of our accessaries overseas to make them more competive.

Elvin

Elvin 11-27-2013 05:14 AM

Re: Service Intervals

Quote:

Originally Posted by buttsie (Post 936815)

Service intervals.

Cheers

I agree with you on it being an overkill.
Unless i go caravaning my Jeep would be lucky to do 4000klms and a 1st service quoted today is $460 about the same as the fuel used to do that amount of kilometres.
I would like to see 12month or 12000kms servicing and i would do a intermediate change should i do harsh driving conditions.
You can't get the grin of the service managers face when you talk servicing as we are getting totally ripped of.
My neighbour who has a my12 and did in excess of 40000klms in his 1st year spent $ 4500 on servicing alone and now uses his old car to commute to work.
I think a lot of Jeep owners would like to see the servicing interval changed and we would only achieve this with a concerted effort.
I would suggest we all supply our own filters and oil and buy as much of our accessaries overseas to make them more competitive.

Elvin