Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   More UConnect silliness (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/more-uconnect-silliness-68499.html)

Born2golf 11-27-2013 10:56 AM

More UConnect silliness

If any of you have tried the remote start feature using the Uconnect access app, you already know it take a few minutes for the remote start command to actually reach the vehicle. I've wondered about a use-case for this, since most of the time one would be in range for the key fob to work, but I finally arrived at 2 likely scenarios.
1. Your car is in a parking lot/garage (work or shopping mall) and you wish to warm up the car prior to your arrival
2. Your car is at the train station, and you are on the train headed for that station.

So the other night is was quite cold and I figured I would test scenario 2 while on the train commuting home from work. and.... FAIL! The app actually refused to send the remote start command stating that it is not permitted while I was in motion. What the hell? The next stop was mine so I was unable to test if it worked while the train was stopped at a station but presumably it would, it just seems odd that I would need to time my sending of the command at a point when I am not moving.

one other comment is that I did have a moment of panic thinking my vehicle was stolen, and the app wasn't letting me send the command because the vehicle was in motion! Luckily that wasn't the case. Luckily it was just the Uconnect people being stupid again. (probably the same dope that thought it was good idea to permanently add a signature to the outgoing SMS)

cnynctry 11-29-2013 10:46 AM

Re: More UConnect silliness

Wonder if you turned off GPS? How would it know you were moving or not? Just a thought.

marosenb 11-29-2013 10:59 AM

I use it when I am at work, and getting ready to leave... having the car all warmed up for me is kind of nice, especially if I am getting the kids from daycare...

RN SHRRK 11-29-2013 12:01 PM

I've had that "not while vehicle in motion" happen to me too as I was sitting in my house. The whole Uconnect thing sucks.

StaticFX 12-01-2013 11:01 AM

you can, with the iphone, disable the gps feature. Settings > Privacy > Location services > Uconnect > off

done

TurboRush 12-01-2013 06:56 PM

This must be something new with the latest uConnect app ( at least on the iPhone). Never saw it before but saw the message twice this weekend while standing in my kitchen trying to start the vehicle..... Be very very steady....

Normally I will disagree with something but understand the use case and why it's implemented. In this scenario I can't think of a single valid use case of why you'd implement this, seems to go against many of the major reasons to use it...., on the train, in another car/bus, wanting to warm it up before you get there. Hopefully this will be fixed with the next update.

silvermax04 12-01-2013 07:04 PM

Agree they need to fix that. you could also try and login to the owner connect website on your phone and start it from there, website wont know if you are moving or not. few extra steps and kind of a pain but should work til they fix it.

TurboRush 12-02-2013 10:23 PM

Interestingly enough I couldn't produce this message on my S4 the way I could on my iPhone.

jeep4me 12-02-2013 11:50 PM

I love the remote start. But I noticed that the setting to heat the seats does not "stick". Go you connect > settings > comfort and select the option for turning on the heated seats, etc when remote start and you can check that box. Press arrow back and then go back to the setting, you can see the check mark disappear.

Tarponbeach 12-03-2013 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeep4me (Post 939436)
I love the remote start. But I noticed that the setting to heat the seats does not "stick". Go you connect > settings > comfort and select the option for turning on the heated seats, etc when remote start and you can check that box. Press arrow back and then go back to the setting, you can see the check mark disappear.

Same with mine, however, when I use remote start from the app, or the key remote, the heated seat, heated steering wheel, and climate control all are activated. (assuming the outside temperature is below the pre-set threshold for activation of the aforementioned). So even though the setting does not appear to "stick", in practice, it seems to be working on mine.

morrow3615 12-03-2013 09:10 AM

I have the same issue and notified my dealer (service manager). He told me yesterday that his GC does the same thing and Chrysler is aware of this issue. Said a fix should be coming soon. I asked if it would be in the form of a TSB and he did not know. I read in a topic on here somewhere that some had their module replaced, but that not going to be the case with mine. Guess I will wait and see what happens.

jeep4me 12-03-2013 04:58 PM

And here is another frustration: some e-mail messages are treated like Texts on uConnect. So I now receive notifications via uConnect that I have texts and selected emails from my iPhone. The new software fixes some things but is still quite buggy.

I took the GC to my dealer two weeks ago that did the recall update, a transmission update and an AC system update.

Transmission goes haywire when the fuel level is below 1/4 a tank, the RPM's are much higher and the timing is very fast. Almost like it is trying to pull 20 extra gallons of fuel-weight, not adjusting for the low fuel levels. The AC still does not know how to cool / heat to 74. At 73 you get AC and at 74 you get a full-blown heat attack. Makes me chuckle, kind of like Nasa sending the first Mars rover programmed with the metric system and the ground controllers using imperial system!