Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   2014 Jeep SRT Diablo Trinity...first impressions! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/2014-jeep-srt-diablo-trinity-first-impressions-68515.html)

Scottina06 11-27-2013 05:15 PM

2014 Jeep SRT Diablo Trinity...first impressions!
 
Just got my tuning installed and I must say.....ah oh! I am truly impressed. It took a bit to update the trinity etc. last night. Bad weather here today has put a damper on the festivities of the Diablo....but I went head and uploaded a canned tune for now.
Installing the tunes is very easy. Select the tune and modify what you want....top speed, throttle boost....fuel spark etc. I just used the 93 canned tune for now and didnt change anything. With the cooler weather I could immediately tell a major difference in acceleration...even though the roads are wet etc. No acceleration tests via the timers. I did do some hard take offs in the wet.....and other than tire slippage,.....this baby just roars....which isn't a surprise. I expect mid 3's in the acceleration tests.
I got my Trinity from black Ops last springs...but Im told he has a ton of trinitys and intunes ready to send.

Chunderboy 11-27-2013 05:26 PM

Re: 2014 Jeep SRT Diablo Trinity...first imporessions!
 
You're one lucky man. One of these days (hopefully) I will have a beast too..

14StormTrooper 11-27-2013 06:49 PM

I also updated mine tonight and noticed the same things things. Pretty decent throttle response, I can tell it changed. Just moves quicker especially in sport and track. I am impressed. I will try some tests tomorrow morning.

K_SRT8 11-30-2013 04:30 AM

Re: 2014 Jeep SRT Diablo Trinity...first impressions!
 
I have been told that a diablo or trinity or any tune will void my warranty :(

dasko76 11-30-2013 05:49 AM

Re: 2014 Jeep SRT Diablo Trinity...first impressions!
 
not if your smarter and put the stock tune back if needed and dont go posting over all the boards that you have done it :eek: i better shut my mouth..

YjagetaJeep 11-30-2013 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dasko76 (Post 938167)
not if your smarter and put the stock tune back if needed and dont go posting over all the boards that you have done it :eek: i better shut my mouth..

K_SRT8... Chrysler can see how many times your ECM has been flashed. Even if you do re-load factory tuning.
I also run aftermarket tuning, but I thought you should know that if you ever need extensive warranty coverage,(drivetrain) this would be investigated before work begins.

dasko76 11-30-2013 07:03 AM

Re: 2014 Jeep SRT Diablo Trinity...first impressions!
 
actually mate you probably did alot of people like me that didn't know that a favor.
i have not done mine as yet but im looking to bolt on a pro charger any way.

cheers mate

YjagetaJeep 11-30-2013 07:17 AM

Supercharging! Well, unless I'm mistaken, that just might affect your warranty! I'm guessing you're down under?
Hope you'll post some pics of the beast when it's running those Aussie roads like a well appointed Mad Max!
G'day Mate!
Ed
San Diego, Ca

A-kon 11-30-2013 02:11 PM

Re: 2014 Jeep SRT Diablo Trinity...first impressions!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YjagetaJeep (Post 938182)
K_SRT8... Chrysler can see how many times your ECM has been flashed. Even if you do re-load factory tuning.
I also run aftermarket tuning, but I thought you should know that if you ever need extensive warranty coverage,(drivetrain) this would be investigated before work begins.

Are you positive? When I spoke to Diablo they said if you put it back to stock there is no way the dealership can tell. Was that just a sales pitch?

To Scott, with the canned tunes do you need to adjust anything? I have zero tuning knowledge/experience and if I go the tuning route I only want to take advantage of my Bwoody and catback exhaust.

dasko76 11-30-2013 05:28 PM

Re: 2014 Jeep SRT Diablo Trinity...first impressions!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YjagetaJeep (Post 938185)
Supercharging! Well, unless I'm mistaken, that just might affect your warranty! I'm guessing you're down under?
Hope you'll post some pics of the beast when it's running those Aussie roads like a well appointed Mad Max!
G'day Mate!
Ed
San Diego, Ca

yeahh buddy down under as they say.. and i will be putting some vids up once done,

Akon, i heard the same as you and that is why i posted about putting the stock tune back. so i dont know what happens now.

YjagetaJeep 11-30-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A-kon (Post 938286)

Are you positive? When I spoke to Diablo they said if you put it back to stock there is no way the dealership can tell. Was that just a sales pitch?

To Scott, with the canned tunes do you need to adjust anything? I have zero tuning knowledge/experience and if I go the tuning route I only want to take advantage of my Bwoody and catback exhaust.

A-kon..What I was told by people on this forum, who I have no reason to doubt, is that if you ever need to have major repairs done under warranty, Chrysler will check to see how many times the ECM has been flashed. Even if the programming is returned to factory defaults, they can still tell that it has been "messed with" I believe this to be true, as most programming revisions on any computer leave some type of trail.
Diablosport has avoided the question of a Revision or Flash counter whenever I ask them about it, and I can't believe Chrysler wouldn't be a step ahead of the aftermarket tuners.

Scottina06 11-30-2013 09:01 PM

Re: 2014 Jeep SRT Diablo Trinity...first impressions!
 
I have been told as well that if they want to know....they can find it. No idea if that's true. Diablo says no...but they also say FULL tuning is available!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community