Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f203/)
-   -   2004 WJ round fog lights brackets? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f203/2004-wj-round-fog-lights-brackets-68519.html)

WJspoko 11-27-2013 09:13 PM

2004 WJ round fog lights brackets?

Hi everyone. This is my first post here. I am trying to upgrade my 2004 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0 and add round fog lights to it. I got oem fog lights from ebay, but they came without any mounting brackets. In my front bumper there are round cavities for fog lamps with sort of grill inside, which , I believe has to be removed to properly insert fog lamps deep enough. I called dealership, but the part department told me, they couldn't find any orignal parts listed as fog light mounting bracket or anything similar. All they had was fog light assembly in some sort of round, plastic housing (which I already have). I have all electric harness, relay, switch etc. I just need to find the way to properly secure fog lights in the bumper openings. Anyone knows , if such brackets even exist ? 2004 Grand Cherokee Limited Edition comes with round fog lights from the factory. How are they attached to the bumper in Limited Edition ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated
Thanks

Trav1s 11-27-2013 09:22 PM

Re: 2004 WJ round fog lights brackets?

About half way down this page you can see info on the install and parts needed.

Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ - lamps and lighting - upgrading

WJspoko 11-27-2013 09:34 PM

Thanks for link Trav1s. Hopefully, Dealer Part Department will be able to finaly find parts, when I give them exact part numbers ;-). If not.. I will make my own brackets.

Trav1s 11-27-2013 09:36 PM

Glad to help. Keep that website handy as there is TONS of WJ info on it. Good luck on the project. :thumbsup:

WJspoko 12-02-2013 01:23 AM

Problem solved. There is no such thing as mounting brackets in 2004 Laredo.
Fog lamps are mounted directly to bumper cover body. After removing/cutting out small grille in bumper fog light cavity you just use black, round plastic housing supplied with fog lamp and mount it on the back of fog light cavity tube inside bumper cover using drill and plastic rivets.

Gus9890 12-03-2013 01:21 PM

If you want round fogs carid.com is a good place. I got my round, projector/halo fogs with HIDs from there and the ones prior to those from there also. They have a lot of good stuff.

TJXJWJ 12-03-2013 09:55 PM

XenonDepot carries them too...they're a vendor on here with great customer service. I got mine from them (projector halos) and got my HID kits from them too. The only thing better than 1 set of HID's is 2.:thumbsup:

WJspoko 12-10-2013 12:02 AM

After doing some more research on the web I found out that plastic round mounting bracket for 2004 WJ was manufactured by Mopar in the past. It was called:
Fog lamp bezel - mopar part number: 50010189AA - for around $10
2004 WJ has differently shaped fog lights than the rest of the family of 99'-03' WJ. They look like WK fog lamps, and 2004 Laredo bumper cover has round cavities ready for this shape of lamps. Unfortunately Mopar has discontinued making those bezels(brackets) and you can't order them anymore. Some resellers may have few of them still in stock, but it would be pure luck to find one. Mounting manual with pictures is still available at dealerships part departments.