Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   05 Hemi Grand Cherokee Electrical Issues Please Help (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/05-hemi-grand-cherokee-electrical-issues-please-help-68550.html)

tasso96us 11-28-2013 11:39 PM

05 Hemi Grand Cherokee Electrical Issues Please Help

Hey Guys,

I have an 05 grand cherokee 5.7, and yesterday afternoon on the drive home I put my turn signal on at a light and noticed there was an intermittent delay between flashes (like on,off,on,off off off, on, off) i had also tried the other side and same issues.
About an hour after i got back in the car to go out, and the car would crank and die after 2 secs with red security light on. Did it 3 times and started fine with light gone after that (has not done it again).
Then on the road all dash lights shut off a few times and turned back on, as if i had turned the key to the off position and then back on, but the car itself did not die. The wiper speed changes on its own regardless of the position it is at.And to top it off I noticed that both heated seats do not work, no lights turn on when the button on either side.

Now I changed the ignition switch today and the flasher and heated seat problems still exist. The dash lights i am not sure as it only did it a few times yesterday and that was it. The battery was changed last year but i went out to test it after sitting for about 30mins and it was reading at 11.6v is that ok? And running its at 14.5v.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as ive completely hit a wall as to what could be the problem and I am debating whether the next step should be to change he battery, Ive heard these jeeps are picky with voltage.

Thanks in advance

Frango100 11-29-2013 10:08 AM

Re: 05 Hemi Grand Cherokee Electrical Issues Please Help

11.6V at the battery terminals can be seen as a discharged battery. Fully charged it should read 12.7V (after sitting for a while after engine off) . The voltage with engine running is ok, so I would take the jeep in for a battery test.

tasso96us 11-29-2013 06:22 PM

Re: 05 Hemi Grand Cherokee Electrical Issues Please Help

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frango100 (Post 937811)
11.6V at the battery terminals can be seen as a discharged battery. Fully charged it should read 12.7V (after sitting for a while after engine off) . The voltage with engine running is ok, so I would take the jeep in for a battery test.

Thx for your reply.
Was trying to troubleshoot the issue a little more today, I read to check connections under the passenger seat so i wiggled the connectors a little and my heated seats started to work again. I also noticed that flashers and other issues did not show up again after i did this but did not drive the car for too long so a little soon to tell.

There are quite a few connections under the seat, does anyone know what they are all for? Could this be the solution to my problems?