Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Should Odvious start a side business for Hoods? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/should-odvious-start-a-side-business-for-hoods-6856.html)

Black Betty 02-23-2010 08:18 PM

Should Odvious start a side business for Hoods?

After observing what is one of the coolest things I've seen someone make from scratch pretty much, I think that Odvious needs to stop being humble and produce hoods like his awesome Viper inspired Venom hood, and possibly others that he has designs for. What do you think? I'm sure that he is being humble about it, but damn it I want cool stuff for my ride, and quite frankly I see a man who has the talent to give the world some awesomeness. :thumbsup:

555ctsv 02-23-2010 08:35 PM

Re: Should Odvious start a side business for Hoods?

Do you have pics of it?

Matt 02-23-2010 08:36 PM

http://jeepgarage.org/showthread.php?t=6082

Look at his avatar as well.

robpp 02-23-2010 08:43 PM

my opinion is chad needs to do what chad wants to do and you should stay the fawk out of it!

he knows there is interest in his hood by the posts and pms but its quite a leap from making one to making many, making it profitable, and most impolrtant making sure every buyer is 100% satisfied.

Black Ops Auto Works 02-23-2010 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Betty (Post 157382)
After observing what is one of the coolest things I've seen someone make from scratch pretty much, I think that Odvious needs to stop being humble and produce hoods like his awesome Viper inspired Venom hood, and possibly others that he has designs for. What do you think? I'm sure that he is being humble about it, but damn it I want cool stuff for my ride, and quite frankly I see a man who has the talent to give the world some awesomeness. :thumbsup:

WOW Bro' Those are some super kind words!!!:D
How can I not listen now. Lets see what everyone has to say and if anyone is interested in something for their Jeep. I'm not to familiar WK specs so if every one chimes in I will listen.

Matt 02-23-2010 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robpp (Post 157417)
my opinion is chad needs to do what chad wants to do and you should stay the fawk out of it!

holy shit, LOL.

Black Ops Auto Works 02-23-2010 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt (Post 157429)
holy shit, lol.

+2 lol

I Robpp defense he's right If I make 1 hood a month and it's 100% the customer's happy I'm happy. As soon as I pass this off to a big company quality will drop. A+ workmanship is my first priority Rob Knows this. It all depends where this hood goes if no one wants one it's on to the next. If I sell a lot well it could be a while.

Chuck 02-23-2010 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robpp (Post 157417)

he knows there is interest in his hood by the posts and pms but its quite a leap from making one to making many, making it profitable, and most impolrtant making sure every buyer is 100% satisfied.

Blunt but it is true. Making hoods is no easy feat considering the work, making customers happy, and simple supply and demand.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Odvious (Post 157418)
WOW Bro' Those are some super kind words!!!:D
How can I not listen now. Lets see what everyone has to say and if anyone is interested in something for their Jeep. I'm not to familiar WK specs so if every one chimes in I will listen.

I don't own a WK, but I say you should make it. If your not into producing these for a long time, you could do a limited run of 20 or whatever number you want.

DAVY27 02-23-2010 09:02 PM

i love it!

Matt 02-23-2010 09:03 PM

As Rob pointed out, once you start producing your own product, you are on the hook for that.

I would try and sell the design/template to a manufacturer for molding/duplication and let them handle the customer end.

Black Ops Auto Works 02-23-2010 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 157459)
As Rob pointed out, once you start producing your own product, you are on the hook for that.

I would try and sell the design/template to a manufacturer for molding/duplication and let them handle the customer end.

I here Ya. I have so many hours over this thing it feels like a 3 kid LOL. We'll see where it goes. I tell you what if the price is right it's gone. Everything has a price.

Matt 02-23-2010 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Odvious (Post 157472)
I here Ya. I have so many hours over this thing it feels like a 3 kid LOL.

:lol::lol::lol: