Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/)
-   -   Water inside my jeep (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/water-inside-my-jeep-68591.html)

Burner 11-30-2013 01:27 AM

Water inside my jeep

Hello everyone,

I was on my way home from work tonight and as I made the last turn to get to my house my left hand started to get wet. Windows were all closed. I stopped and looked around the window area and found out that the water is coming from the drivers side A-piller. I have no clue how long it has been doing this as this was the first time I got wet. You can see the head liner is wet and then goes down the A-piller. I pulled it all apart but I am unable to find where it is coming from. Anyone have any ideas? I am off to the dealership in the morning to see what they say about it. But any help from you guys would be great so I can point the dumb dumbs in the right direction if someone else has had this problem and were able to fix it. Thanks a head of time.

Paul

fnkychkn 11-30-2013 06:57 AM

Re: Water inside my jeep

possible windshield leak or sunroof drain (if equipped).

btw, "dumb dumbs"? is that really neccessary?

dr.lee.baugh 11-30-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fnkychkn (Post 938181)
possible windshield leak or sunroof drain (if equipped).

x2

There have been many threads on this topic. If you search the forum, you'll find plenty of information.

inferno red wk 12-01-2013 01:14 AM

Make sure your sun roof is sealing visually check it mine did that all the time

jeeper_57 12-01-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burner (Post 938125)
Hello everyone,

I was on my way home from work tonight and as I made the last turn to get to my house my left hand started to get wet. Windows were all closed. I stopped and looked around the window area and found out that the water is coming from the drivers side A-piller. I have no clue how long it has been doing this as this was the first time I got wet. You can see the head liner is wet and then goes down the A-piller. I pulled it all apart but I am unable to find where it is coming from. Anyone have any ideas? I am off to the dealership in the morning to see what they say about it. But any help from you guys would be great so I can point the dumb dumbs in the right direction if someone else has had this problem and were able to fix it. Thanks a head of time.

Paul

hi

I had same problem , if no sunroof it's the top corner of the windshield.
when you put apart the A pillar you don't see anything :)

If you have a sunroof make sure that the drain is not clogged, you can try compressed air to unclog it

see on the forum there are some threads

Burner 12-01-2013 12:59 PM

I do have a sunroof and it is closing properly. Dumb dumbs was me bring nice to the dealership lol. It is booked in for next weekend to get a few things done so they will be looking at it then. I tried the search options but could not for the life of me remember what it was called other the a-piller and only one thing showed for apiller.