Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Tech Tips/DIY/How To (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f156/)
-   -   2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Sunroof Drain Holes (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f156/2011-jeep-grand-cherokee-overland-sunroof-drain-holes-68601.html)

THEPRFCT10 11-30-2013 08:07 AM

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Sunroof Drain Holes

All I posted this on another section with absolutely no response from anyone. Maybe I can get some help here, I'd appreciate it.

Hello all. It seems I'm not the only one having a newly discovered water leak on the driver side sunvisor bracket. :-( I looked at the other threads here but I cannot figure out where the drain holes are. It's 2011 JGC Overland with the normal sized sunroof. Very frustrated. I appreciate the help locating the drain holes.

ernestd 11-30-2013 08:23 PM

Re: 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Sunroof Drain Holes

Are you absolutely positive that your leak is coming from the sunroof ?looks to me like these things are sealed pretty tight.
Have you looked around at your windshield seal ?
Good luck

THEPRFCT10 12-03-2013 07:35 AM

I noticed drops of water coming from the driver side sunvisor bracket. Another forum mentioned that the sunroof / drain holes are most likely the culprit. I still however cannot find the drain holes. It's wierd. I'd appreciate any help.

berk483 12-20-2013 03:13 PM

Re: 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Sunroof Drain Holes

In all of my previous vehicles the drains were in each corner with the front hoses routed through the a-pillar and the rear through the b-pillar...I would be suprised if they weren't on the corners. Although they may be tucked back a bit.

Try pouring some water into the track of the sunroof and see where it goes, obviously not a lot of water but it should drain towards the corners. If you have an extra set of eyes they can watch underneath and make sure the water drains out normally. If one corner doesn't drain you just may have found your problem. Otherwise it could be the seal on your windshield.

THEPRFCT10 12-20-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by berk483 (Post 948356)
In all of my previous vehicles the drains were in each corner with the front hoses routed through the a-pillar and the rear through the b-pillar...I would be suprised if they weren't on the corners. Although they may be tucked back a bit.

Try pouring some water into the track of the sunroof and see where it goes, obviously not a lot of water but it should drain towards the corners. If you have an extra set of eyes they can watch underneath and make sure the water drains out normally. If one corner doesn't drain you just may have found your problem. Otherwise it could be the seal on your windshield.

I'll do thank you.