Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   '14 Summit modification options? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/14-summit-modification-options-68613.html)

wasupdu 11-30-2013 04:06 PM

'14 Summit modification options?

I just picked up my '14 Summit and have been surprised with the few mod options available given what's available with other Jeeps. Are people not modding these much?

Any mod ideas or websites someone can point me towards? I don't really "need" anything, but always would like to see ideas :headbang:

Jim_in_PA 11-30-2013 04:41 PM

Re: '14 Summit modification options?

Some stuff will fit the Summit just fine; some will not, particularly body modifications. The Summit is marketed primarily as a luxury SUV ride and has unique body contours in certain areas that are not consistent with the other trim levels. And, of course, the Summit is already the "it slices, it dices" version when it comes to all kinds of creature comforts and features...not a lot to add in that respect.

Srt rob 69 11-30-2013 04:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Kind of have to make it ur own since there's not much out there for them. U can see my build of what I have done. Next is intake, then tune when Released.

Srt rob 69 11-30-2013 04:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And congrats!!!

Zybane 11-30-2013 04:57 PM

I will probably be taking my Summit to new heights (pun intended). This December will be a wild transformation, more info:

http://www.jeepgarage.org/f222/zyban...ild-65755.html

wasupdu 11-30-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Srt rob 69 (Post 938328)
Kind of have to make it ur own since there's not much out there for them. U can see my build of what I have done. Next is intake, then tune when Released.

It looks like you shed a lot of chrome and added different wheels. What intake did you go with K&N? Any other mods?

Srt rob 69 12-01-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasupdu (Post 938370)
It looks like you shed a lot of chrome and added different wheels. What intake did you go with K&N? Any other mods?

Shaved everything except rear logo, painted all chrome either white or Porsche black, painted all rear lights, painted all ground effects, eibach lowering springs, 22 srt wheels, wrapped chrome window trim, limo tint, deleted resonators and changed suitcase to a magnaflow, intake will prob be k&n. Over 7k deep so far so I have to chill on mods b4 my wife kicks my a$$ out lol.

wasupdu 12-01-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Srt rob 69 (Post 938577)
Shaved everything except rear logo, painted all chrome either white or Porsche black, painted all rear lights, painted all ground effects, eibach lowering springs, 22 srt wheels, wrapped chrome window trim, limo tint, deleted resonators and changed suitcase to a magnaflow, intake will prob be k&n. Over 7k deep so far so I have to chill on mods b4 my wife kicks my a$$ out lol.

VERY nice ride, but I just can't stomach that much paint/wrap work on a Jeep. Beautiful ride though!!

semper fi 12-03-2013 09:08 AM

More basic to me are the lack of mud guards. My Summit looks like I've been offroading from the junk that is covering the ol' girl behind the front and back wheels. Everything I've looked at has specifically said not for the Summit. After this winter, I don't even want to see my beautiful paint!

Anyone found guards that will fit. I don't see why the Summit can't accept mud guards. Anyone??

SF :confused:

Srt rob 69 12-03-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasupdu (Post 938719)
VERY nice ride, but I just can't stomach that much paint/wrap work on a Jeep. Beautiful ride though!!

Different strokes differnt folks. I couldn't handle all the chrome jeep threw up on the summit then the gray ground effects was just way too much going on. For me anyway. Good luck with your mods post pics as u go for sure.

overlanding 12-03-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Srt rob 69 (Post 938577)

It looks like the SRT made a baby with the Overland. I like it!

thebc2 12-03-2013 04:27 PM

I may be in the minority here, but with money spent on this conversion, why not go with an SRT from the start?

To me, this seems like the worst of both worlds.

1) cost (with mods) is roughly the cost of an SRT
2) lower end engine than the SRT
3) can't off-road because of the springs and wheels