Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Members Rides-Showoff (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/)
-   -   Two Jeep Family (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/two-jeep-family-68618.html)

JKU Key 11-30-2013 06:55 PM

Two Jeep Family

1 Attachment(s)
Just picked up a clean 2011 JGC Overland 5.7 for my wife. We now are a two jeep family. Now I will put the JK back into the garage.

She already said no to an exhaust upgrade. I know I will need to lock pick the my gig. Any other quick mods you can suggest will be greatly appreciated!

zeprider25 11-30-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JKU Key (Post 938358)
Just picked up a clean 2011 JGC Overland 5.7 for my wife. We now are a two jeep family. Now I will put the JK back into the garage.

She already said no to an exhaust upgrade. I know I will need to lock pick the my gig. Any other quick mods you can suggest will be greatly appreciated!

catch can and CAI.

Me and the wife went from a tj wrangler and a compass to a grand cherokee and a patriot. Love Jeeps!

JKU Key 11-30-2013 09:13 PM

Re: Two Jeep Family

Thats the first I've read about a catch can, but it will be added real soon. The CAI was already on the short list. I will be driving this up to CO the end of Dec. I'm looking forward to the drive up. I'm sure it will do fine in the snow. It better or we won't get out of my driveway up there!

AAAA 12-01-2013 12:42 PM

How are the tires?

WK2 Rover 12-02-2013 10:27 AM

We have gone from having a '93 Grand Cherokee and a '97 Wrangler to a 2011 Grand Cherokee and a 2014 Cherokee. We are very happy with the new Jeeps, which is expected since we liked our '90s Jeeps!

JKU Key 12-02-2013 08:14 PM

The tires are relatively new. We don't plan wheeling with this so normal street tires will work for now. I just need them to work on plowed streets in colorado.

akimball 12-02-2013 08:56 PM

that jk is sick!

JKU Key 12-04-2013 02:25 PM

Purchase list is growing quick, and she won't let me drive it!

-Floor mats to catch water/snow/mud.
-Tint front widows.
-Front tow hooks. (where is the best deal on these?)
-Lock Pick that allows IPhone 5s will play video???
-Thinking of powder coating wheels graphite.

Sh0rtBus 12-04-2013 02:58 PM

I joined the two-Jeep club back in April with my '14 GC.

Only upgrade I've done, aside from making the dealer throw in window tint and slush mats, is HID bulbs in the factory projector housings. Definitely makes a huge difference, but not like the full projector retrofit I did in my JK.

And yeah....my wife already pretty much said "No: to an exhaust, too, even though I showed her one that seems to e a bit quieter and has a deeper tone than the stocker. CAI I might be able to talk her into, though. Will be adding a grill from an Overland shortly.

BTW....is this the "Key" I think it is?

JKU Key 12-04-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sh0rtBus (Post 940318)
I joined the two-Jeep club back in April with my '14 GC.

Only upgrade I've done, aside from making the dealer throw in window tint and slush mats, is HID bulbs in the factory projector housings. Definitely makes a huge difference, but not like the full projector retrofit I did in my JK.

And yeah....my wife already pretty much said "No: to an exhaust, too, even though I showed her one that seems to e a bit quieter and has a deeper tone than the stocker. CAI I might be able to talk her into, though. Will be adding a grill from an Overland shortly.

BTW....is this the "Key" I think it is?

Yes it is.

I'm about to call it a day and head to Texas JK meet in a few minutes. I tried to take the JGC to the meet but I got the "nope". So I pulled the JK out of the garage. Plus, I'm getting my Raceline Beadlocks from Baertrax at the meet. Tired of cracking non-beadlock wheels.

Sh0rtBus 12-05-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JKU Key (Post 940349)
Yes it is.

I'm about to call it a day and head to Texas JK meet in a few minutes. I tried to take the JGC to the meet but I got the "nope". So I pulled the JK out of the garage. Plus, I'm getting my Raceline Beadlocks from Baertrax at the meet. Tired of cracking non-beadlock wheels.

Man I haven't been to that meet since summer last year. I just never can make it out. I'm either working or have other crap going on. I'll make it out again eventually. Haven't seen any of you bastages in a good while.

JKU Key 12-12-2013 11:57 PM

Get your @ss out and go wheel with us soon. Hot Springs March trip is being organized. Its a hell of a good time!
I just trashed my front ring gear and have to replace it, so I'm broke for a couple of weeks until UPS delivers my order. Merry Christmas to me!