Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Alarm went off (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/alarm-went-off-68646.html)

Paullee01 12-01-2013 02:38 PM

Alarm went off

Last night I unlocked my door via door handle sensor and when the drivers door opened the alarm went off. I couldn't figure out how to turn it off. Pressed panic button on key fob was also was pressing the lock and unlock button which did nothing. What turned it off was when I got into the car and closed the door??? Also went off this morning when I unlocked the door. This time I think it turned off when I pressed the unlock button on the key fob. Has anyone else experience this, if so how did you turn your alarm off??? Also how do you turn it off if somethings sets it off?

mortelliti3 12-01-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paullee01 (Post 938651)
Last night I unlocked my door via door handle sensor and when the drivers door opened the alarm went off. I couldn't figure out how to turn it off. Pressed panic button on key fob was also was pressing the lock and unlock button which did nothing. What turned it off was when I got into the car and closed the door??? Also went off this morning when I unlocked the door. This time I think it turned off when I pressed the unlock button on the key fob. Has anyone else experience this, if so how did you turn your alarm off??? Also how do you turn it off if somethings sets it off?

I bought my JGC Limited in August and had zero problems until Thanksgiving. The alarm went off and would not shut down. I even entered and started the vehicle. I was able to shift it into drive while the alarm sounded and the lights flashing. After trying everything from pressing fob buttons, door lock and unlock, starting and turning off the engine, the alarm finally turned off on its own. Fortunately this was the only time I have had this issue. I am hoping this was a one and done. The entire event lasted approximately 5 minutes.

fnkychkn 12-01-2013 05:33 PM

Re: Alarm went off

not sure why yours is behaving this way. best see your dealer.
in the meantime, use the FOBIK to press the start button. that should disarm the alarm.

Paullee01 12-01-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fnkychkn (Post 938704)
in the meantime, use the FOBIK to press the start button. that should disarm the alarm.

Thanks for the suggestion I'll give that a try if it happens again. Someone also suggested pulling the key out of the fob and try locking and unlocking the vehicle with lock on door handle. If it does it again definitely back to dealer. BTW the vehicle wouldn't start when it was going off.

Paullee01 12-01-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mortelliti3 (Post 938698)
I bought my JGC Limited in August and had zero problems until Thanksgiving. The alarm went off and would not shut down. I even entered and started the vehicle. I was able to shift it into drive while the alarm sounded and the lights flashing. After trying everything from pressing fob buttons, door lock and unlock, starting and turning off the engine, the alarm finally turned off on its own. Fortunately this was the only time I have had this issue. I am hoping this was a one and done. The entire event lasted approximately 5 minutes.

Mine went off last night for about the same amount of time. Was the longest 5 minutes of my life, probably woke the neighborhood. :(

redrockv8 12-01-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fnkychkn (Post 938704)

What's a FOBIK?

ChrisOC 12-02-2013 12:32 AM

This won't help for your situation, but if u ever open the locked Jeep with the key, the alarm will go off.

I hope it is a one and done situation too, I have had mine to off a couple of times and it sure as hell woke the neighbors, but this was user error, not the cars fault.

DCRSRT 12-02-2013 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redrockv8 (Post 938813)
What's a FOBIK?

Its the key fob/remote unit (which also houses an actual key).

fnkychkn 12-02-2013 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redrockv8 (Post 938813)
What's a FOBIK?

FOB with Integrated Key

Paullee01 12-02-2013 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisOC (Post 938895)
This won't help for your situation, but if u ever open the locked Jeep with the key, the alarm will go off.

I hope it is a one and done situation too, I have had mine to off a couple of times and it sure as hell woke the neighbors, but this was user error, not the cars fault.

How did you get it to shut off?

mortelliti3 12-15-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paullee01 (Post 938772)
Mine went off last night for about the same amount of time. Was the longest 5 minutes of my life, probably woke the neighborhood. :(

Well, it wasn't a one and done. Just had the second incident of alarm going off for approximately 3 to 5 minutes. I tried every button combination I could think of. Craziest part is I can drive the thing with the flashers, horn and lights going off. Going to the dealer Monday..... Since this issue doesn't seem to be widespread, I am hoping this will be a quick fix.

TurboRush 12-15-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mortelliti3 (Post 945686)

Well, it wasn't a one and done. Just had the second incident of alarm going off for approximately 3 to 5 minutes. I tried every button combination I could think of. Craziest part is I can drive the thing with the flashers, horn and lights going off. Going to the dealer Monday..... Since this issue doesn't seem to be widespread, I am hoping this will be a quick fix.

If you're able to drive with it sounding that's more likely a symptom of hitting panic.... Same thing happened to me. If it happens again hit the panic button twice.

Several people have noted it's too easy to accidentally hit the panic button with your keys in your pocket ( including myself)